XPEnology Community

Bacula Package

Aigor

• 4 months later...

Hi,after a long time i decide to try to use spksrc to compile bacula server.
Copying strucure of other packets i can compile bacula into spk, and i have packet ready to be deployed.
Other things to manage, mariadb user creation for bacula if someone would like to know or help, raise a message! 

It almost works :D , correct compilation of package, correct installation.
I need to fix several things, for example  user creation, i don't like root to run daemon, patch config files according to the system or via UI wizard, creation of DB with tables e grant correct permission.
Step two, baculaweb interface 

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 10:34 PM, Aigor said:

It almost works :D , correct compilation of package, correct installation.
I need to fix several things, for example  user creation, i don't like root to run daemon, patch config files according to the system or via UI wizard, creation of DB with tables e grant correct permission.
Step two, baculaweb interface 

Hello Aigor, I am delighted to see your commitment to solution for tape drives on Synology. I would also like to try out and support your work. Is it possible to provide us with an SPK installation file, root rights are not a problem in my environment.

1 hour ago, DSfuchs said:

Hello Aigor, I am delighted to see your commitment to solution for tape drives on Synology. I would also like to try out and support your work. Is it possible to provide us with an SPK installation file, root rights are not a problem in my environment.

Hi, due to my job i had to revamp spk and write a simple howto.
Now i'm porting only bacula, not web-interface, that will be a future project, let me try new version, when i have news will be my care to inform you.

How you want to attach tape on Synology?
If you want to use some tape library via Fibre Channel you need FC support and it's another old project that i have in mind, SCST is the answer for FC support 

Edited by Aigor
typo and my bad englis

On 2/19/2021 at 1:09 PM, DSfuchs said:

Hi are you skilled in using bacula? i have almost ready package, but i need some hints on howto configure 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, Aigor said:

Hi, i need help, package is almost ready, but i need someone who know and can test package 
Are there someone interested? 
In case i have to write a little how-to because i'm not so skilled in sed find and rpelace string 

Many thanks 

bacula_bromolow-6.2.3_11.0.1-1.spk 6.4 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, I will test it til end of this week.