XPEnology Community

MyDS Center not working on 5.1 XPEnoboot

spiderben25

Hi,

I would like to know if I'm the only one having this problem, and if not, if there is some sort of fix for that.

It's impossible to connect to MyDS Center on 5.1 (XPEnoboot), it says there has been an unknown error. Therefore, it's impossible to use Quickconnect or DDNS.

Prior to upgrading to 5.1 (I was on 5.0 nanoboot), it worked properly, and I didn't change my password or anything else.

Thanks for any informations on this matter.

Hi,

I would like to know if I'm the only one having this problem, and if not, if there is some sort of fix for that.

It's impossible to connect to MyDS Center on 5.1 (XPEnoboot), it says there has been an unknown error. Therefore, it's impossible to use Quickconnect or DDNS.

Prior to upgrading to 5.1 (I was on 5.0 nanoboot), it worked properly, and I didn't change my password or anything else.

Change a serial number.

Hi,

Change a serial number.

Already tried that, doesn't work...

I have a problem too, after upgrade it was ok, but now, after reboot it looks like it doesn't mount hdds. When i login it shows me 2 information messages - synostoraged, synobackupd, hotplugd cannot run, and the system was shutdown improperly. What i have to try?....

Got exactly the same problem. I posted the info in xpenoboot thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5026&start=70#p29692 ). Maybe you can post your info there too.

i also tried it with different serials about a year ago, but never got it working. Maybe Synology updated database to make quickconnect more secure. after sn=1532456 make mac1=0011223344BBFF or something. if you have more NICs you just can add mac2= mac3= and mac4=

if you really want it working you can maybe buy on ebay or something an old and broken Synology to have original serial number.

I have a problem too, after upgrade it was ok, but now, after reboot it looks like it doesn't mount hdds. When i login it shows me 2 information messages - synostoraged, synobackupd, hotplugd cannot run, and the system was shutdown improperly. What i have to try?....

Got exactly the same problem. I posted the info in xpenoboot thread ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5026&start=70#p29692 ). Maybe you can post your info there too.

I have the same problem ,my volumes disapeared and my setting too

This has nothing to do with serial or MAC. I never have changed them and it allways worked fine. Off course i couldn t use quickconnect or DNS from synology ( this are only for real synology nas)

Yesterday after ugrading all was ok :sad::sad:

Hi there, everything seems to be working fine including my quick connect on a bare metal machine, but just a quick question about changeing the serial and MAC address.

I have set up a synology account with this serial and mac, but I don't own the original box. Is my data still safe ? It's just to put my mind at ease that's all. Don't want my machines quick connect showing up on a friends account lol

to make clear, i've something like this:

APPEND root=/dev/md0 ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs sn=B845R4565 mac1=0011223344BBFF vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305

After mac1= you can add mac2= and so on.

Thanks, ill try

Tried this, still not working. I used the real Mac of my NIC and an original serial number from a DS413j. What I don't understand is why it doesn't work anymore while it worked with DSM 5.0.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You need to have MAC address in synology scheme (001132xxxxxx), ds model and corresponding with ds model serial number. Only then everything works fine.

Hello.

I Do not own any synology product. I has only a Gen8 HP Server and trying to configure MyDS to work. Does anybody know the Product Serial Number format of DS3615xs machines so as to take the format only and change the numbers?

I open my syslinux.cfg file changed S/N but i cannot find any MAC Adress there. Who can i translate my MAC Address to format (001132xxxxxx) ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...