XPEnology Community

SFP+ brocade 1020 Support

Clintel

Hey, hope this is allowed here

I'm running

DS918+ 

DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 2

and I've just put in a brocade 1020 and having no success in getting this working, has anyone else had issues or tried to use this card?

Thank you

the driver bna.ko is not i jun's extra/extre2 so you would need my extended extra/extra2 for this card

if you are still on 6.2.2 then its this

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

if you update to 6.2.3 then this one (you can remove the usb while dsm is running, copy the new extra/extra2 to it replacing the old files and after putting it back you would update by the normal dsm web gui)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

Thank you @IG-88

```!! still network limit in 1.04b loader for 918+ !!!

atm 918+ has a limit of 2 nic's (as the original hardware)
If there are more than 2 nic's present and you can't find your system in network then you will have to try after boot witch nic is "active" (not necessarily the onboard) or remove additional nic's and look for this after installation
You can change the synoinfo.conf after install to support more then 2 nic's (with 3615/17 it was 8  and keep in mind when doing a major update it will  be reset to 2 and you will have manually change this again, same as when you change for more disk as there are in jun's default setting) - more info's are already in the old thread about 918+ DSM 6.2.(0) and here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12679-progress-of-62-loader/?do=findComment&comment=92682

I might change that later so it will be set the same way as more disks are set by jun's patch - syno's max disk default for this hardware was 4 disks but jun's pach changes it on boot to 16!!! (so if you have 6+8 sata ports then you should not have problems when updating like you used to have with 3615/17)

Basically what is on the old page is valid, so no sata_*, pata_* drivers

Here are the drivers in the test version listed as kernel modules:```

I'm a little confused about this section of your guide, with the default Ethernet + the Brocade it would make 3 network interfaces. is it possible to extend on the  918+?

13 hours ago, Clintel said:

but inside /lib/modules/update there is? is there a process to apply these?

whats in "updates" gets preferred over the content in /lib/modules

but there was a problem with the firmware in 918+ extra/extra2

i've corrected it with 918+ 0.13.3 for DSM 6.2.3

check /var/log/dmesg for messages about your 10G nic

14 hours ago, Clintel said:

I'm a little confused about this section of your guide, with the default Ethernet + the Brocade it would make 3 network interfaces. is it possible to extend on the  918+?

yes, i'm using three nic's myself with the 918+ image

you need to change /etc.default/synoinfo.conf and /etc/synoinfo.conf as here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12679-progress-of-62-loader/?do=findComment&comment=92682

but you should update to 6.2.3 first, these settings will be lost on bigger update (~250MB *.pat file) as dsm replaces the synoinfo.conf and what is not patched by the loader (like 4 to 16 drives) will be lost

as the drivers change from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3 you should remove your usb boot media while 6.2.2 is running (its not mounted at this time) , replace the extra/extra2 and then put the usb back, after that you can start the normal update process over the web gui of DSM

Edited by IG-88