XPEnology Community

VPN

merve04

Question

6 answers to this question

So you are wrapping your whole network connection for Download Station and you want to exclude some of it.

You might consider a different approach.  I use a combined OpenVPN client and downloader inside Docker (ex: rtorrentvpn, qbittorrentvpn, delugevpn).  I happen to want my usenet downloads on VPN, so I use sabnzbdvpn also, but you wouldn't have to.

Edited by flyride
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flyride said:

So you are wrapping your whole network connection for Download Station and you want to exclude some of it.

You might consider a different approach.  I use a combined OpenVPN client and downloader inside Docker (ex: rtorrentvpn, qbittorrentvpn, delugevpn).  I happen to want my usenet downloads on VPN, so I use sabnzbdvpn also, but you wouldn't have to.

The downfall of using torrent clients is the lost ability of using download stations app for remote access.

or another option thats in my mind, I run a second instance of DSM in a VMM at the moment for addtional security cameras, I'd use it, but I've never come to figure out how it could access my volume 1 folders as my VMM is installed a volume 2 of dsm.