scoobdriver

Upgrade from 6.1.7 to 6.2.3 bare metal HP N54L ?

Does anyone have any experience upgrading HP N54L from 6.1.7 to 6.2.3

Im using 1.02b loader DS3615xs ,

I'm assuming I replace with 1.03b DS3615xs and use a 6.2.3 25426 pat file to upgrade ?

I don't have any additional Nic's etc , just standard bare metal 

Posted (edited)

You'll want to select a "Migration Install."  Some have reported that installing FixSynoboot.sh is necessary before starting the upgrade to avoid ERROR 21 and failure.

The other pitfall with the 1.03b loader that is commonly encountered is the requirement to set BIOS/Legacy/CMS boot rather than EFI, which worked on 1.02b and the same DSM platform (3615xs/3617xs).

Edited by flyride

10 minutes ago, flyride said:

You'll want to select a "Migration Install."  Some have reported that installing FixSynoboot.sh is necessary before starting the upgrade to avoid ERROR 21 and failure.

The other pitfall with the 1.03b loader that is commonly encountered is the requirement to set BIOS/Legacy/CMS boot rather than EFI, which worked on 1.02b and the same DSM platform (3615xs/3617xs).

Many thanks , do you know that 6.2.3 and 1.03b loader will work with my standard onboard NIC (Broadcom ?) 

It should, but you really should review the upgrade thread and see if someone has successfully upgraded using your platform/NIC.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/29401-dsm-623-25426/

And, rather than just "taking the plunge" why don't you temporarily pull your drives and USB key, then install 6.2.3 clean on a new key and blank drive, and then you'll know if it works ...

Annnnnd, have a backup.

3 hours ago, flyride said:

It should, but you really should review the upgrade thread and see if someone has successfully upgraded using your platform/NIC.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/29401-dsm-623-25426/

And, rather than just "taking the plunge" why don't you temporarily pull your drives and USB key, then install 6.2.3 clean on a new key and blank drive, and then you'll know if it works ...

Annnnnd, have a backup.

not a bad idea. Thanks