XPEnology Community

Instalation

Gametastic2014

Hello, I am trying to install this using the latest version from here https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12952-dsm-62-loader/

I installed the .img file onto a usb with win32 disk imager, and booted it, However I get to the screen which says go to find.synology.com however it cant find anything.

What am I doing wrong ?

Edited by Gametastic2014

21 hours ago, Gametastic2014 said:

really active forum. Thanks guys :( Heard good things about this forum and quick sub 20 minute responses. but guess not.

This is a forum consisting of volunteers, not payed professionals. What did you expect? Ultra fast response times? Read the forum rules and be patient regarding your questions. 

There‘s a function in this forum, called „search“. This would give you hundreds of results if you search for „not found in network“. And it’s always the same problem: the NIC is not recognized by the built-in drivers. There are 2 choices:

1st) try the extra.lzma

2nd) exchange the NIC with a known working model

2 hours ago, jensmander said:

This is a forum consisting of volunteers, not payed professionals. What did you expect? Ultra fast response times? Read the forum rules and be patient regarding your questions. 

There‘s a function in this forum, called „search“. This would give you hundreds of results if you search for „not found in network“. And it’s always the same problem: the NIC is not recognized by the built-in drivers. There are 2 choices:

1st) try the extra.lzma

2nd) exchange the NIC with a known working model

How do I install the extra.lzma I have tried installing a second nic but i cant find a single post which tells you how to install the extra.lzma many posts on how to obtain it but none on how to install and use it. Could you point me in the right direction ?

2 hours ago, Gametastic2014 said:

How do I install the extra.lzma I have tried installing a second nic but i cant find a single post which tells you how to install the extra.lzma many posts on how to obtain it but none on how to install and use it. Could you point me in the right direction ?

If you had used the search function as @jensmander suggested you would have found that you need to mount the img file with osfmount

To be brutally honest with you. If you read my reply it states I can't find a single post about it. The search feature on this site is about as good as a chocolate teapot. 

Every person on here has stated to use the search feature like i havent already tried that. I wouldnt make a post about something if I couldnt find an post about it already would I.

The search is pretty much useless as it just searches for each individual word. You might as well search for the work "The" on wikipedia.

Edited by Gametastic2014