XPEnology Community

DSM RAID or Controller RAID

gnasher666

hi,

I'm about to set-up an XPEnology server running on a HP Microserver Gen8 and I wanted to know if I should configure the disks as a RAID set within the HP controller or leave the disks as a JBOD and use the DSM software to configure the disks?

Personally, I thought if I used the controller card it would provide better performance although I'm unsure if creating the RAID set within the controller card would be compatible with DSM and I don't have enough disks to test the theory (unfortunately)

thanks for any help in advance.

hi,

I'm about to set-up an XPEnology server running on a HP Microserver Gen8 and I wanted to know if I should configure the disks as a RAID set within the HP controller NOor leave the disks as a JBOD and use the DSM software to configure the disks?YES

Personally, I thought if I used the controller card it would provide better performance Not this fake controller although I'm unsure if creating the RAID set within the controller card would be compatible with DSM It will not and I don't have enough disks to test the theory (unfortunately)

thanks for any help in advance.