XPEnology Community

Update to DSM 6.2.3-25426 wipes custom ddns provider.

I've been using this for cloudflare ddns, and it asked me to modify 

/etc.defaults/ddns_provider.conf

to add the custom ddns.

But, it seems that the update process clears this file and replaces it with the default one.

If anyone have ddns issue after update, remember to check your ddns_provider.conf.

just as a reminder, dsm is a appliance and a user is not supposed to change files on the system partition and when doing so its to expect to loose these changes when updating

in this case synology might add ddns providers even on a small update and might overwrite this file

even on normal linux systems there are rules on how to change config in a way that will survive updates

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

just as a reminder, dsm is a appliance and a user is not supposed to change files on the system partition and when doing so its to expect to loose these changes when updating

in this case synology might add ddns providers even on a small update and might overwrite this file

even on normal linux systems there are rules on how to change config in a way that will survive updates

Just found out that the buildin custom ddns feature will edit /etc/ddns_provider.conf instead of /etc.defaults/ddns_provider.conf.

But add the following configuration to /etc/ddns_provider.conf isn't working for me:

[Cloudflare]
        modulepath=/usr/local/bin/cloudflareDDNS.py
        queryurl=https://www.cloudflare.com/

It only works when i add it to  /etc.defaults/ddns_provider.conf.