XPEnology Community

Onboard LAN disconnected in bios

iDeni

Question

Hi all,

I have some trouble with my new setup. I downloaded the loader 1.04b for 918+ and created the boot stick. I put in the PID and the VID, replaced the MAC with the correct one and stick it in a USB 2 port and started the system up. Now I can't find any NAS in my LAN. The system got no IP from the router and in bios I can see that the onboard LAN is disconnected.

I updated the motherboard with a new bios version and disabled C1E. LAN is still disconnected. What's going wrong here?

4 answers to this question

Hi sorry.

I have a Gigabyte Z390 M.

I used the XPEnology Tool V1.4.1. In the download section I choosed 1.04b DS918+ and were redirected to MEGA where I downloaded synoboot-ds918.zip. All I did was with this image and its grub.cfg. 

Hope that helps

Now I installed windows on the system just for test purposes. The onboard LAN is ok. After that, I prepaired a new Stick and downloaded this file https://xpenology.club/downloads/ the first one on that site "Jun’s Loader v1.04b DS918+". Prepaired the grub.cfg, and replaced extra.lzma and extra2.lzma and hoped that the driver for my Intel LAN is in there. Now a got new error:

uncompression error

-- System halted_

No idea what's going wrong

Your usb stick is corrupted, create a new stick

4 hours ago, iDeni said:

Now I installed windows on the system just for test purposes. The onboard LAN is ok. After that, I prepaired a new Stick and downloaded this file https://xpenology.club/downloads/ the first one on that site "Jun’s Loader v1.04b DS918+". Prepaired the grub.cfg, and replaced extra.lzma and extra2.lzma and hoped that the driver for my Intel LAN is in there. Now a got new error:

uncompression error

-- System halted_

No idea what's going wrong