XPEnology Community

Assistance with installing 918+ on X9DRD-7LN4F

dlowe

Good day community.  I have been using Xpenology for a while on the Jun DS3617xs 1.03b build on an old server.  I got my hands on a "new" old server that has IT-Mode SAS and 24 disks.  It is the Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD with 2 ivybridge e5-2970 v2.  I can install the Jun DS3617xs 1.03b build on it but would like to use the Jun's 918+ loader because there seams to be more support on the forum for it, specifically extra.lzma files that are modified for 24 disks at the start.

The issue I am running into is that I cannot get connected to the find.synology.com or find any IPs in the Synology Assistant after it boots up for the first time.  I attached the grub.cfg below I modified.  Would anyone in the community be able to assist me in trying to get further with this?

I know, this server is overkill.  I want to use it for the 24 disks and I have another newer server running ESXi but less storage.

UPDATE

Well, I found this and it looks like Ivybridge on 918+ isn't supported.  Are there any ways to get it working with extra.lzma files?

grub.cfg

Edited by dlowe
Found info

Thanks @jensmander and @flyride.  I installed DS3617 and messing around getting the 24 disks usable and some other specific settings set but it goes into recovery and I have to reinstall.  If I can't get this stable I may give FreeNAS a shot and use my real DS1517+ Synology as backup for the data.

39 minutes ago, dlowe said:

Thanks @jensmander and @flyride.  I installed DS3617 and messing around getting the 24 disks usable and some other specific settings set but it goes into recovery and I have to reinstall.

look an youtube for "Expand XPenology beyond 12 drives" its a good tutorial

there might be a automatic patch in the near future (i do say this for a few month now), its just having juns patch done on actual files from a version like 6.2.3, mod it for 24 drives and diff the files again for a new patch and repack the new patch in a extra.lzma

if someone delivers a new working patch i will release it together with a new extra.lzma or we wait until i do it some day (on my list after 6.2.3 drivers for 3615/17 and looking into problems with the new i915 drivers with newer coffeelake gpu's)