XPEnology Community

XPEnology image on real DiskStation

BugDroid

Hi

After the internal flash memory of my DS411+ got erased, I tried to flash the XPEnology image onto the drive.

Now the DS is being discovered in the Synology Assistance, but of course it shows up as DS3612

Which files do I have to exchange or alter in order to have it boot as 411+ again?

I have tried to edit grub.conf and replace 3612 with 411 but this apparently didnt do anything...

I guess if the box boots with synology you could edit synoinfo.conf in /etc and /etc.defaults and possibly VERSION in the same two directories to set the DSM version back one level (i.e. preset the config files to indicate you are at dsm5.0 no patches), then run a dsm upgrade downloading the files from the synology website. Don't use the "sed" command as would be normal with xpenology. I _think_ this would result in the update implementing the Flash update, writing the correct information to the flash, so that on the reboot you are again running the plain jane synology OS.

Andrew

Make sure you're logged in as 'root' and not 'admin'.

If for some reason, vi is not in the path, try /bin/vi /path/to/file

if that fails, get a copy of winscp (Assuming a windows PC) and use scp to access the file system and edit the files on your PC.

Make sure it does not save the file with windows CR/LF end of lines. that could confuse anything attempting to read the file.

if ssh scp fails to get you connected, you may have more issues with this unique image than you are aware of.