XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.3 for 918+ / 3615xs / 3617xs

9 минут назад, dolbycat сказал:

It's fantastic.

J4105  ,  RAM DDR4 16GB , 512 GB SSD x2  , RTL8111G dual  lan

image.png.c9fbc5d8c4aae5b5e8ad0429aefd278e.png

H/W transcoding works very well. 

Thank you very much.

Did you check actual work of the HW Transcoding? For example, to upload a movie to an iPhone? This option does not work in mine as well as playback of dowgraded video files. Although all the codecs up like in yours

26 minutes ago, lotusd said:

Did you check actual work of the HW Transcoding? For example, to upload a movie to an iPhone? This option does not work in mine as well as playback of dowgraded video files. Although all the codecs up like in yours

Yes.
H/W Transcoding works very well.
The video quality is set to medium.

13 hours ago, IG-88 said:

the new package is not well tested i just did some tests with hardware i have at hand (ahci, e1000e, r8168, igb, bnx2x, mpt2sas/mpt3sas) and tested update from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3

Hi, could you check if the smart info is showing correctly? I updated from 6.22 24922 (ds918+) and swapped the new extra and extra2 files after installation. The mpt2sas driver seems to be working but no SMART info (the SMART info was there before update).

Installation type: VM(unraid) - e3 1280 v3, on board lsi2308 passthrough, on board Intel NIC 

I didn't know if I should swap the rd.gz and zlmage file in the loader with those from the .pat file but I did it anyway. I also realized that /dev/dri folder is missing (I don't use hw transcoding at all but maybe that is related to the smart info missing problem?)

Edited by sarieri

1 hour ago, neo82ita said:

zImage and rd.gz from the 6.2.3 or the original in jun 1.04b?

i've only tested with 6.2.3 (1st boot without dsm) but it should work with 6.2.0 too, but not for long, when you install 6.2.3 *.pat the kernel is overwritten with 6.2.3

"accidental" update also starts with 6.2.3 on usb

the path is the same as with 6.2.2, i suggest 1st creating the usb with 6.2.3, test it and the install the dsm pat file with a 6.2.3 booted loader (it will recognize tthe older version on disk and will offer to update/migrate)

2 hours ago, sarieri said:

I also realized that /dev/dri folder is missing (I don't use hw transcoding at all but maybe that is related to the smart info missing problem?)

no, not related and your xeon does not have a gpu like a desktop cpu, quick sync video is a gpu feature

5 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

This 6.2.3 extra driver also resolves the disappearance of the LAN without a monitor line or HDMI DUMMY PLUG.
Thank you. IG-88

nothing what i did, if its solved then its part of the i915 driver synology provided

11 hours ago, lotusd said:

Hi, I have updated the extras, although /dev/dri folder returned, the HW acceleration still does not work

you could try a fresh install on a single empty disk to test if there is a general problem with your i3-9100 cpu

i tested with a G5400 aka coffee lake S, UHD 610 gpu Gen 9.5 and your  i3 9100 is a coffee lake R with UHD 630 gpu gen 9.5

so there might be a difference (my own i3 9100 is still in its original package, but i will know soon if its working or not)

14 hours ago, tuanbombt said:

I already change but my network card not work

Intel 82583V Gigabyte Ethernet,

did you had 6.2.3 kernel with my new drivers on usb?

any log (serial console or from disk)?

i've tested igb and e1000e with additional nic's so i know it should work in egneral

• Thanks 1

No /dev/dri/ for me on J4105. I am afraid all changes to synoboot.img don't save at all. Everytime I flash the usb drive I have to change vid, pid, sn, Mac in grub menu.

Can anyone create synoboot.img with the newest custom extra.lzma and upload here? I would change vid, pid, sn, mac in grub menu.

10 минут назад, premikkoci сказал:

No /dev/dri/ for me on J4105. I am afraid all changes to synoboot.img don't save at all. Everytime I flash the usb drive I have to change vid, pid, sn, Mac in grub menu.

Can anyone create synoboot.img with the newest custom extra.lzma and upload here? I would change vid, pid, sn, mac in grub menu.

Do you uncheck the box read only in the OFS Mount when mounting your image?

48 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

1st creating the usb with 6.2.3, test it and the install the dsm pat file with a 6.2.3 booted loader (it will recognize tthe older version on disk and will offer to update/migrate)

It works great for me. Thank you!

New synoboot with your extra + files from 6.2.3 .pat. 

Asrock h370m-itx/ac (i219 + i211)

Edited by Cornelius_drebbel

5 часов назад, IG-88 сказал:

you could try a fresh install on a single empty disk to test if there is a general problem with your i3-9100 cpu

i tested with a G5400 aka coffee lake S, UHD 610 gpu Gen 9.5 and your  i3 9100 is a coffee lake R with UHD 630 gpu gen 9.5

so there might be a difference (my own i3 9100 is still in its original package, but i will know soon if its working or not)

I have tried a fresh install with the same outcome, unfortunately. /dev/dri exist, codecs activated. HW Acc doesn't work. Would be really greatful if you managed to solve this.

В 20.04.2020 в 16:54, dolbycat сказал:

H/W Transcoding works very well.

Can confirm this, /dev/dri returns and H/W transcoding works well (G4620/Z170). Updated extra.lzma «in situ» (via temporary synoboot2 mount) after upgrading to 6.2.3.

Edited by The Chief