Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.3 for 918+ / 3615xs / 3617xs


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chilly said:

0.11 with ASROCK J4105 and 6.2.3 works with HW Transcoding

needed to do the serial number patch first.

 

I could also not access to my old usb stick on win7 and win10 with win32imager, so i needed to create a new one.

Old usb stick is no usable....not that important by may somebody know how to solve it

 

use diskpart on windows to "CLEAN" the disk, then you can write to it again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chilly said:

0.11 with ASROCK J4105 and 6.2.3 works with HW Transcoding

needed to do the serial number patch first.

just to mention it, jellyfin for docker would be the free alternative to plex and videostation

 

 

1 hour ago, chilly said:

I could also not access to my old usb stick on win7 and win10 with win32imager, so i needed to create a new one.

Old usb stick is no usable....not that important by may somebody know how to solve it

for latest win10 that's kind of normal as you dont get a drive letter anymore for 1st or 2nd partition

but not on win7?

you can always format it on linux like with dsm, insert it, open external devices and there should be a format option, much easier the diskpart on windows

 

its also possible to assign a drive letter with a additional software to the 1st partition, that way you can use win32diskimager again

also possible to use such tool to access 1st and 2nd partition to edit grub.cfg or exchange files an 2nd partition (kernel and extra)

 

thats a good one suggested by @jensmander in the german section, does'nt need any driver installed

https://www.partitionwizard.com/download/v12-portable/pw12-free-64bit.zip

i use Ext2Fsd 0.69, need to be installed and has a much smaller gui (but is not made for win10)

principal is the same, manually assign and unassign drive letters, if you forget unassign you are "loosing" the drive letter and if you do it a few times you might need to reboot to get then free again

german article about it

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/29670-howto-1-partition-des-bootsticks-in-windows-mountenbearbeiten-grubcfg/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@IG-88 these same file ?

 

 

extra.lzma for loader 1.03b ds3615 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11_test, same added drivers as for 6.2.2 like newer intel drivers, 10G nics, ...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04147311964729253115

 

extra.lzma for loader 1.03b ds3617 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11_test, same added drivers as for 6.2.2 like newer intel drivers, 10G nics, ...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05651322757917266468

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, afaroz61 said:

these same file ?

why do you ask?

the text above the links describe the difference, the description on the download page is different and even the filename is different (and the file size is also different)

so you might have overlooked it at least 3 times ;-)

i highlighted the numbers 3615 and 3617 in the first post so it hopefully gets not overlooked

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still the same problem exist in DSM6.2.3 for ds3615 with v0.11_test:

2020-05-27T18:28:47+03:00 XPEnologyX scemd: polling_sys_thermal.c:35 ioctl device failed
2020-05-27T18:28:47+03:00 XPEnologyX scemd: polling_sys_voltage.c:35 ioctl device failed
2020-05-27T18:28:47+03:00 XPEnologyX scemd: polling_fan_speed_rpm.c:35 ioctl device failed
 

Repeats every minute. And this prevents HDDs from hybernation.

 

I did not tested ds3617 variant with new extra.lzma as I think it will be the same in this case. But I can test it also if there is some sense.

 

For installation I only copied new extra.lzma to usb drive with 1.03b loader. May be there are some more actions needed?..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kbuddy said:

I test ds3617 junloader 1.03b with extra3617_v0.11.1_test , using the VMNET3 nic on ESXI, It seems to have failed to get the IP

i cant test esxi, so a serial log and look whats going on

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vasiliy_gr said:

Still the same problem exist in DSM6.2.3 for ds3615 with v0.11_test:

2020-05-27T18:28:47+03:00 XPEnologyX scemd: polling_sys_thermal.c:35 ioctl device failed
2020-05-27T18:28:47+03:00 XPEnologyX scemd: polling_sys_voltage.c:35 ioctl device failed
2020-05-27T18:28:47+03:00 XPEnologyX scemd: polling_fan_speed_rpm.c:35 ioctl device failed
 

Repeats every minute. And this prevents HDDs from hybernation.

 

I did not tested ds3617 variant with new extra.lzma as I think it will be the same in this case. But I can test it also if there is some sense.

 

For installation I only copied new extra.lzma to usb drive with 1.03b loader. May be there are some more actions needed?..

I am not able to get HDD hibernation working on 6.2.3 3615 either. Worked fine on 6.2.2. Is there anyway to disable the polling?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 8:47 AM, afaroz61 said:

@IG-88 these same file ?

 

 

extra.lzma for loader 1.03b ds3615 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11_test, same added drivers as for 6.2.2 like newer intel drivers, 10G nics, ...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04147311964729253115

 

extra.lzma for loader 1.03b ds3617 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11_test, same added drivers as for 6.2.2 like newer intel drivers, 10G nics, ...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05651322757917266468

I have used these loader 1.03b DS3617 with my Dell R410 and it does not work can't find my system on network.  I had try to upgrade to 6.2.3-25426 and it FALED

What DS3617 Loader should I use ? I was using the DS3617 6.2.2 loader.      Please help thanks... 

BTW I also used the extra 0.5 and that did not work.

Edited by painkiller895
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I don't know why my NAS not start correctly with extra918plus0.11 no access Synology and no visible in Synology assistant
If i testing with original extra in loader 1.04b my Nas it's ok but not hardware transcoding (no dev/dri) 😪

My Server

Baremetal install on i5-8600/Dual NIC intel e1000

I need your help

best regards

Edited by stefauresi
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

I have used these loader 1.03b DS3617 with my Dell R410 and it does not work can't find my system on network.  I had try to upgrade to 6.2.3-25426 and it FALED

What DS3617 Loader should I use ? I was using the DS3617 6.2.2 loader.      Please help thanks... 

BTW I also used the extra 0.5 and that did not work.

bnx2/bnx2x firmware looks like its not working - loader 1.03b ds3617 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11.1- where is this it's not listed...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, painkiller895 said:

bnx2/bnx2x firmware looks like its not working - loader 1.03b ds3617 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11.1- where is this it's not listed...

looks like i forgot to change the link after doing the text - fixed now in 1st post

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 8:18 PM, IG-88 said:

read above, to see that you are wrong with that

there are device id's that are not in the driver even when its "only"  UHD630

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-104b-for-dsm623-for-918/?do=findComment&comment=146656

synology's i915 driver date in dsm 6.2.3: 20171222

you can look up the supported device id in the binary driver with "modinfo" or just use a editor and look for vermagic, that will land you near the place about firmware and devie id's

i added a comment about that and the list of device id's in the 1st post

 

edit: i looked up a new i5-10500 and its device id is "9BC8" and there are no "9xxx" numbers in the driver we use so don't expect any newer gen10 to work even when it "only" has UHD630

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/i5-processors/i5-10500.html

 

Thanks, I was just coming in this morning to correct that mistake - I cannot edit the post though.... How do I correct the discussion - or perhaps just delete the errant info so it isn't perpetuated.

DeadS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I tried to update my dell R320 and Failed....

Nic is a Broadcom NetXtreme

Raid controller PERC H310 Mini

Xeon E5-2420v2

 

I did not build the Raid on the controller I build the raid on the Xpenology system it was working with 4 6TB SAS Drives

I did an upgrade and system can't be found I was using DS3617 1.03b 6.2 

I updated my loader with 1.03b ds3617 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11.1 this did not work. 

any Drivers for this system  ??? I dont want to loose 8TB of data I have on there...

Thanks in advance ...

 

Edited by painkiller895
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Nic is a Broadcom NetXtreme

 

more specifics is needed to say anything about the driver, its a BCM5720 and thats tg3.ko

 

Quote

 

Raid controller PERC H310 Mini

thats a normal lsi 9211-8i and i did test a fresh install with it

try to boot with jun's original extra.lzma, empty /lib/modules/updates/, while still running remove usb andr eplace the original extra.lzma with the new 0.11.1, put back the usb and reboot

if that does not work you still can use jun's original extra.lzma, your system does not really need the new/added drivers

what dsm 6.2.x version did you used before the update?

 

Quote

I dont want to loose 8TB of data I have on there...

 

just because a driver does not work it does not impact your data, you just cant access it the way you are used to it, if in hurry you can boot up open media vault or a recovery linux to access your mdadm raid and also a downgrade is possible without loosing the data, you would just sacrifice your dsm config (user, shares packages)

Edited by IG-88
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

 

more specifics is needed to say anything abot the driver, its a BCM5720 and thats tg3.ko

 

thats a normal lsi 9211-8i and i did test a fresh install with it

try to boot with jun's original extra.lzma, empty /lib/modules/updates/, while still running remove usb and eplace the original extra.lzma with the new 0.11.1, put back the usb and reboot

if that does not work you still can use jun's original extra.lzma, your system doen nor really need the new/added drivers

what dsm 6.2.x version did you used before the update?

 

 

I was using 6.2.2-24922 update 4 all was working well untill update

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, deadsquirrel said:

I cannot edit the post though.... How do I correct the discussion - or perhaps just delete the errant

you can't @Polanskiman  does not like when people make changes so that it changes the meaning and invalidates all the following traffic

the downside might be some wrong information in the threads but they are usually corrected so when reading along its usually ok

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, painkiller895 said:

I was using 6.2.2-24922 update 4 all was working well untill update

that would explain the problem, i will fix it later this day but you should be able to get along the way i suggested above

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

that would explain the problem, i will fix it later this day but you should be able to get along the way i suggested above

I reflashed the USB with no extra and it updated to DSM 6.2.3-25426  Recoverd -- Do you want me to still  empty /lib/modules/updates/, while still running remove usb and replace the original extra.lzma with the new 0.11.1, put back the usb and reboot ??? The system is back up and running with no extra.

please advise...

thanks for getting me back up.

Edited by painkiller895
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, painkiller895 said:

Do you want me to still  empty /lib/modules/updates/, while still running remove usb and replace the original extra.lzma with the new 0.11.1, put back the usb and reboot ??? The system is back up and running with no extra.

please advise...

the new 0.11.2 i already up so you could just copy the new 0.11.2 to usb's 2nd partition, it it does not work the way you need you still can put back jun's original extra.lzma

the loader compares driver from extra.lzma and whats on disk and overwrites it when there is a difference, so by changing the extra.lzma you can change the driver set you are using

if you are happy with the result (jun's extra) the just keep it that way, as long as you don't add newer hardware like a 10G nic you won't need the added drivers from 0.11

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

the new 0.11.2 i already up so you could just copy the new 0.11.2 to usb's 2nd partition, it it does not work the way you need you still can put back jun's original extra.lzma

the loader compares driver from extra.lzma and whats on disk and overwrites it when there is a difference, so by changing the extra.lzma you can change the driver set you are using

if you are happy with the result (jun's extra) the just keep it that way, as long as you don't add newer hardware like a 10G nic you won't need the added drivers from 0.11

Going to test it, do I still have to empty /lib/modules/updates ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.