XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.3 for 918+ / 3615xs / 3617xs

1 hour ago, yuyuko said:

SasIdxMap=0 DiskIdxMap=0005 SataPortMap=56
SasIdxMap=0 DiskIdxMap=0500 SataPortMap=65
SasIdxMap=0 DiskIdxMap=05 SataPortMap=65

sorry but this thread is about drivers for 6.2.3, please place your question in the appropriate section

https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/60-dsm-6x/

Could you help me. I use original jun 1.03b loader (3617xs) with DSM 6.2.3. But I want to install realtek 8125 NIC. I change extra.lzma, zImage and rd.gz files. Make fresh install on empty HDD. But synology assistent can't find the NAS. For DSM 6.2.2 it works, but I don't want to return to 6.2.2(because annoying update notification in the control panel ). Or maybe there is a way to install the rtl8125 driver.

2 hours ago, vase said:

For DSM 6.2.2 it works,

thats strange as 0.6 for 6.2.2 and 0.11_2 for 6.2.3 use the same driver source (9.002.02)

in the next version will be a slightly newer version of the driver (9.003.05) but i guess if 6.2.2 works the its not about the driver version

the drivers for realtek are already done, but i was waiting to have newer intel versions and all same version in all three extra's

on a quick glance i can't see that anything in the 3617 0.11_2 is wrong

can you provide a log like /var/log/dmesg so maybe we can see if there is any error message

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

thats strange as 0.6 for 6.2.2 and 0.11_2 for 6.2.3 use the same driver source (9.002.02)

thats strange but I prepared the image again and now it works. Maybe i just forgot to change vid/pid that time. Nevertheless thank you!

Just now, vase said:

Maybe i just forgot to change vid/pid that time

no, wrong vid/pid would not prevent it to be found in network, it would later prevent installing

more likely wrong extra.lzma and the driver crashed on boot, most people dont use a serial console so they would not see

2 hours ago, mervincm said:

I am 99% sure plex will not use hardware transcode for optimization jobs. It only uses hardware transcoding for live transcoded video.

I beg to differ, I am 100% sure it does.

Evidence 1

Before going through all this I did an optimization job and the CPU was at 90% utilization for the whole time while the job is running. After applying the driver, CPU is not being USED that much, 3% maybe. 

Evidence 2

Before the driver the optimization ran at lower x rate than after applying it. 

Hi.

I've prepared extra.lzma based on Juns patch and Custom loader for DS1019+ for DSM 6.2.3-25426, link below:

https://mega.nz/file/pao0CQrb#_pLGNjTl-f7eneoWQgDkPklDoRCyqxJ_vhx_d79kIKg (only extra.lzma ~ 5.7Mb)

You can find loader for DS1019+ on this forum or another place, you can remove both extra files from partition and use re-compiled.

Then you need to download PAT files from https://archive.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.3/25426/DSM_DS1019+_25426.pat, and just replace zImage and rd.gz

Tested on ASUS N3150M-E (Lan: Realtek 8111H) and it works better then on loader for DS918+ (including extra)

Edited by NiGGaZ

1 hour ago, NiGGaZ said:

Hi.

I've prepared extra.lzma based on Juns patch and Custom loader for DS1019+ for DSM 6.2.3-25426, link below:

https://mega.nz/file/pao0CQrb#_pLGNjTl-f7eneoWQgDkPklDoRCyqxJ_vhx_d79kIKg (only extra.lzma ~ 5.7Mb)

You can find loader for DS1019+ on this forum or another place, you can remove both extra files from partition and use re-compiled.

Then you need to download PAT files from https://archive.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.3/25426/DSM_DS1019+_25426.pat, and just replace zImage and rd.gz

Tested on ASUS N3150M-E (Lan: Realtek 8111H) and it works better then on loader for DS918+ (including extra)

Cool, It will be great when we will see the difference. So, what is changed? Thanks.

Edited by T-REX-XP

2 hours ago, NiGGaZ said:

why is ist better?

it looks like as he drivers  are just repackaged from my "extra918plus_v0.6_test.zip" from 10/2019 and that version was for 6.2.2 not for 6.2.3

also the patch inside the extra does not patch the amount of drives so people using this will be limited to the default of 5 drives for this unit

the original hardware ist the same as 918+, no added functionality by this model

this extra.lzma looks the same as the one inside a "ds1019+6.22.img" i downloaded from china last december to have a look what they where doing

I've prepared extra.lzma

what did you change/add?

based on Juns patch and Custom loader for DS1019+ 

imho thats not jun's loader anymore, its based on his loader

the poeple who did it also changes juns info.txt

Intro:
This mod is based on the basic modification made by Jun. You can contact me to discuss technical details, but general installation issues should be resolved through forums or other communities.

by:QQ124718842
QQ Group:630756404

9 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

why is ist better?

it looks like as he drivers  are just repackaged from my "extra918plus_v0.6_test.zip" from 10/2019 and that version was for 6.2.2 not for 6.2.3

also the patch inside the extra does not patch the amount of drives so people using this will be limited to the default of 5 drives for this unit

the original hardware ist the same as 918+, no added functionality by this model

this extra.lzma looks the same as the one inside a "ds1019+6.22.img" i downloaded from china last december to have a look what they where doing

what did you change/add?

imho thats not jun's loader anymore, its based on his loader

the poeple who did it also changes juns info.txt

Intro:
This mod is based on the basic modification made by Jun. You can contact me to discuss technical details, but general installation issues should be resolved through forums or other communities.

by:QQ124718842
QQ Group:630756404

Hi IG-88

I will try to send more information later, but I've just re-packed extra.

And additioanlly prepared loader, you can find it by link https://mega.nz/file/ESw1lCIK#_RIGEaKHXn5loScfmAnkyEjHczSVv_v3xE5wr9K0HT0

And you right it's based on QQ124718842.

Currently I'm testing, and most of performance looks better.

Edited by NiGGaZ

5 minutes ago, NiGGaZ said:

Currently I'm testing, and most of performance looks better.

did you use a differen realtek driver?

pitty the people in china removed the 16 drive part of jun's patch

if you want to maintain this a little i could try to make a adapted patch that has the 16 drives, i was planing to do it for 3615/17 anyway

as stated above, the drivers you are using are made for 6.2.2, that version had different kernel settings

you would need to use drivers from extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b ds918+ DSM 6.2.3 v0.10 or above

2 минуты назад, IG-88 сказал:

did you use a differen realtek driver?

I tried to load another version of realtek drivers, but there was some version differences of kernel.

5 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

pitty the people in china removed the 16 drive part of jun's patch

Yes, I've removed too. Because for me it's not necessary, I got only 2 sata ports. (Sorry if removed)

7 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

if you want to maintain this a little i could try to make a adapted patch that has the 16 drives, i was planing to do it for 3615/17 anyway

I've interested to maintain. From the beginning of lockdown :)

10 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

as stated above, the drivers you are using are made for 6.2.2, that version had different kernel settings

you would need to use drivers from extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b ds918+ DSM 6.2.3 v0.10 or above

I used extra2 made for 6.2.2, but currently loaded 6.2.3 and it works fine!

You're right about kernel, I've tried to compile kernel from sourceforge, but results wasn't good.

20 minutes ago, NiGGaZ said:

I used extra2 made for 6.2.2, but currently loaded 6.2.3 and it works fine!

i guess your i915 driver for hardware transcoding is not working that way (/dev/dri)

also jun's patches in extra and extra2 are different

24 minutes ago, NiGGaZ said:

Yes, I've removed too. Because for me it's not necessary, I got only 2 sata ports. (Sorry if removed)

ahh, so it was you, not the people who adapted the patch in the first place

why? it does not hurt in any way to have more "slots" in the web gui, it will only limit the usability for other people

i'd tend to up the 16 to 24 as this is a tested number of disks and will be enough in 99.9% of the cases

4 минуты назад, IG-88 сказал:

i guess your i915 driver for hardware transcoding is not working that way (/dev/dri)

Perhaps it is, because when I read logs there was something about DRM.

6 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

ahh, so it was you, not the people who adapted the patch in the first place

why? it does not hurt in any way to have more "slots" in the web gui, it will only limit the usability for other people

IMHO: I just imagine about weak motherboard with 16 slots... 

1 minute ago, NiGGaZ said:

MHO: I just imagine about weak motherboard with 16 slots... 

not everyone build that "small" i'm using a i3 9100, the 8 cores of the kernel is starting to be a limit

14 minutes ago, NiGGaZ said:

Perhaps it is, because when I read logs there was something about DRM.

you can have a look at my newer 6.2.3 extra's for 918+, i removed the i915 driver from the package and modded the patch to delete the old one when present (like when updating from 6.2.x to 6.2.3)

+
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/agpgart.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/cfbcopyarea.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/cfbfillrect.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/cfbimgblt.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/drm.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/drm_kms_helper.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/fb.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/fb_sys_fops.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/i915.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/intel-agp.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/intel-gtt.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/syscopyarea.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/sysfillrect.ko
+/tmpRoot/usr/bin/rm -f /tmpRoot/usr/lib/modules/update/sysimgblt.ko
+

I bought an Intel i350-am2 nic, and my motherboard is j4105.

DSM version 6.2.3 25426

extra.lzma v0.13.3

Entering the system did not recognize the NIC. dmesge.log show

[Sun Jul 5 12:17:33 2020] igb 0000:01:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[Sun Jul 5 12:17:33 2020] igb 0000:01:00.0: The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid
[Sun Jul 5 12:17:33 2020] igb: probe of 0000:01:00.0 failed with error -5
[Sun Jul 5 12:17:33 2020] igb 0000:01:00.1: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[Sun Jul 5 12:17:33 2020] igb 0000:01:00.1: The NVM Checksum Is Not Valid
[Sun Jul 5 12:17:33 2020] igb: probe of 0000:01:00.1 failed with error -5

But when I use win10 PE, it can recognize the network card normally

I want to remove nvm checksum, let it always return 0, and recompile igb.ko.

I follow https://xpenology.club/compile-drivers-xpenology-with-windows-10-and-build-in-bash/ How to do it,

Downloaded 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Synology%20NAS%20GPL%20Source/24922branch/apollolake-source/linux-4.4.x.txz/download

and

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/DSM%206.2.2%20Tool%20Chains/Intel%20x86%20Linux%204.4.59%20%28Apollolake%29/apollolake-gcc493_ glibc220_ linaro_ x86_ 64- GPL.txz/download

and

Igb-5.3.5.61 source code

I modify it

s32 e1000_ validate_ nvm_ checksum_ generic(struct e1000_ hw *hw)

{

s32 ret_ val;
    u16 checksum = 0;
    u16 i, nvm_ data;

DEBUGFUNC("e1000_ validate_ nvm_ checksum_ generic");

for (i = 0; i < (NVM_ CHECKSUM_ REG + 1); i++) {

ret_ val = hw-> nvm.ops.read (hw, i, 1, &nvm_ data);

if (ret_ val) {

DEBUGOUT("NVM Read Error\n");
            return ret_ val;

}

checksum += nvm_ data;

}

if (checksum != (u16) NVM_ SUM) {

DEBUGOUT("NVM Checksum Invalid\n");

return -E1000_ ERR_ NVM;

}

return E1000_ SUCCESS;

}

Make it always return to success

I successfully compiled it igb.ko But when I inmod this file, I will prompt insmod: error: could not insert module / lib / modules / update/ igb.ko : Invalid module format

I don't know where the wrong operation caused this problem. How to compile correctly igb.ko?

igb.ko

6 hours ago, fangzhen2005 said:

I successfully compiled it igb.ko But when I inmod this file, I will prompt insmod: error: could not insert module / lib / modules / update/ igb.ko : Invalid module format

I don't know where the wrong operation caused this problem. How to compile correctly igb.ko?

means wrong version number of kernel, you would need to change the makefile synology delivered

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7187-how-to-build-and-inject-missing-drivers-in-jun-loader-102a/?do=findComment&comment=122631

5 hours ago, terryxman said:

The driver link that you released including r8125 has expired and cannot be downloaded. Can you give me a new link? Thank you.

my delete link was still valid, so they must have a interesting way to determine the 100 days for not downloading

anyway its up again with a new link

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 1