XPEnology Community

Xpenology 4.3 crashplan issue

pondo

I disconnected my server for several months while moving and now the crashplan app is not backing up. I tried uninstalling the app but then cannot find the application in package center. I do have Http://packages.pcloadletter.co.uk added to the sources. The only CrashPlan I see available is the ProE which does not run on my system for some reason - was running the normal headless client. I'm running DSM 4.3-3810 dated 2013/11/06.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I don't have a system on 4.3 any more so I can't offer any help in that respect.

My systems are all on DSM 5.0-4528 Update 2 and CrashPlan is available in the community packages (I don't use it though). DSM 5 is also more secure than 4.3.x as well as having some other improvements.

dsm-5.x-crashplan.png

There are a few threads on here which explain how to migrate to the new versions and apply the minor updates. You can also checkout http://xpenology.nl which has guides and links to software resources.

All you need to do is follow the process you used to build your first machine. As your machine already has the DSM installed you will get the option to migrate to the new version. If you don't see the migration option you have a problem which you will need to fault find. You don't need to incrementally update so go straight to the latest version DSM 5.0-4528 then you can use the DSM update system to apply the minor update #2. You will need to run the SED command after the download and then click on apply update. Job done. :smile: