XPEnology Community

Surveillance Station extra Cameras ?

I want more than 2 Cameras 
Bare Metal Install 
I am willing to Buy the Licences , 

I understand from looking at the Forum , I will need Legit synology  serial number & MAC address

So ? If I get  any / the cheapest / one bay / used synology NAS , and put it's serial number & MAC address on the USB drive
I would then be able to install Legit paid Surveillance Station Licences on it ? with no problems ?
Is this all that is needed ?
Does the license have to match the DS3615xs

Thanks

Edited by Green

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, Green said:

I want more than 2 Cameras 
Bare Metal Install 
I am willing to Buy the Licences , 

I understand from looking at the Forum , I will need Legit synology  serial number & MAC address

So ? If I get  any / the cheapest / one bay / used synology NAS , and put it's serial number & MAC address on the USB drive
I would then be able to install Legit paid Surveillance Station Licences on it ? with no problems ?
Is this all that is needed ?
Does the license have to match the DS3615xs

Thanks

FORGET BUYING ANY SERIAL OR USED SYNO. NO NEED FOR THAT

you need to install an earlier version of the station, like 8.1, buy your licence and add it with internet turned off, it will give you an error but the licences will be added.

once you test licence is added, you can upgrade the station to the last version. once you do this, you won't be able to add anymore licences, fyi you can uninstall licences and add them again with different xpenology or start fresh.

another option is to install vmm package and install a virtual instance of latest dsm and latest surveillance station. in virtual dsm the unit is seen legit and you can activate any purchased licence.

Edited by buza