XPEnology Community

New Installation on Intel DQ67EP

emufile

Hello everybody 

first of all happy easter to you all

second thing, i want to move from an HP Microserver ML30 to a custom MicroATX Server

MB: Intel DQ67EP

Ram: 2x8GB DDR3

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1260L

4HD WD BLUE

I prepare a new usb per whit Bootloader 1.04, it boot but i cannot find pc on Synology Finder

THe storage is AHCI and UEFI on

what's my mistake?

Thankyou very much

1 hour ago, emufile said:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1260L

thats sandy bridge, 3rd gen intel

I prepare a new usb per whit Bootloader 1.04, it boot but i cannot find pc on Synology Finder

1.04b needs at least 4th gen haswell cpu's

try 1.03b for 3615 or 3617 - > !!! this will need CSM/BIOS and also look for non uefi boot usb device (depending on bios you might see two uefi and one dsm usb device)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

if you already read the install tutorial you should also read what might be needed when you want to update to the latest 6.2.2 version

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

ok perfect i'll try tomorrow morning

please keep in mind that advise was for dsm 6.2.2, so if you try it you should use a local stored dsm *.pat file, if you let the loader download it from the internet you will end up with 6.2.3 and that is kind of work in progress and might not work at all