XPEnology Community

HP MicroProliant - unavailable - Error after PCI Express installation

sqalg

Hi All

I have one HP proliant server. (DSM 6.1.7-15284)

I had 3 HD (3 To each) installed as SHR Raid.

I put 4 6To HD inside  (one after the other ), no Issue , the DSM was accessible.  I have decided to reuse my olds 3 To HD into this NAS. I have installed a PCI Express card to add E-sata ports

Once the PCI Express card installed , I have restarted the Xpenology NAS.

• But now impossible to connect into SSH or by the DSM (intranet)
  • Ping ==>KO 
  • "Synology Assistant" ==> KO
  • I had a look into my DHCP ==> I can't see any @IP assigned corresponding to the MAC Adress of my Xpenology server  
  • (the Xpenology had always the same adress IP assigned by my DHCP with the MAC adress)
  • I took off the PCI express card , check that all is ok for the cables and restart the Server.
  • I add a VGA screen to have a look into the boot sequence , all seems OK. 

With the current setup , we don't have many information after the boot . (possible to boot with verbose mode ?if yes , how ? which command lines ?)

For information, I have another Micro Proliant Xpenology  (with same hardware and DSM version ).

Questions:

1. The bios could it be reset after the adding of PCI Express card  ?
    1. If someone have screenshoots of his Bios  so that I can cross check my config ?
  2. Do you think it's possible to move the 4 HD of the failed Xpenology to the second Xpenology , as the result to have my SHR Raid available ? 
  3. If I'm trying to activate the second line during the boot (  ligne DS3615xs 6.1 Baremetal with Jun's Mod v1.02b Reinstall) it could be ok after ? My SHR Raid (and DATA)  are at risk during this action ?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by sqalg

Hello,

I have a question - If you revert all the changes to the momment your NAS was working (before you installed the PCI card), what happen?

You can see more log if you connect to the computer via console (the serial port).

il y a 23 minutes, vanst a dit :

Hello,

I have a question - If you revert all the changes to the momment your NAS was working (before you installed the PCI card), what happen?

We can consider that it's the case , because I have only added th PCI Express card.

il y a 24 minutes, vanst a dit :

You can see more log if you connect to the computer via console (the serial port).

No serrial port on the HP NL54  :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Based on your CPU speed, this is a HP N40L G7 Microserver.

When you added the extra disk controller, you may have "shifted" the enumberation of drives,

making it hard for DSM to sort out the RAID, but you should still get an IP.

First thing to check:

Is you network cable well connected in both ends?

Will this cable (and any "boxes" on its way) give an IP to any other unit you have available to test with?

Next:

Is your BIOS setting all OK? (NIC enabled, C1E disabled etc.)?

If booting a Live Linux USB, will it get an IP?