XPEnology Community

QNAP auf eigener Hardware

fa2k

On 7/26/2021 at 7:25 PM, pocopico said:

Hi there,

if ASMEDIA works properly on other Linux distro, i would check the loaded modules and try to match as much as possible in the qnap image. If you need any additional modules you can compile them using the standard kernel source tree and try.

Hi PocoPico, as i am not familiar with Linux drivers...maybe you can help me with one problem? I have a Realtek RTL8101/2/6E NIC on motherboard. It works in Ubuntu, TinyCore etc but I don't get it working in this QNAP package. r8101.ko and r8168.ko are in /usr/local/modules/, /lib/modules/others/, and /lib/modules/misc/ folders (using add_modules_files - this seems to work so far)...I am running on USB r8152.ko currently which works fine but would prefer to run on internal NIC. Any idea to get the correct driver / make it work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 6:42 PM, Himem said:

TinyCore etc but I don't get it working in this QNAP package. r8101.ko and r8168.ko are in /usr/local/modules/, /lib/modules/others/, and /lib/modules/misc/ folders

Hi @Himem

its been almost a year since i got into this but i will try to remember.

Do you have the modules loaded during boot time ? (check with lsmod). If not try to load them manually and see if your network adapter gets detected.

I checked the add_modules_files and i have a line about rtl driver commented out. Also check modules.dep file contains your required modules and that the modules are loaded in the add_init_hardware file. 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hallo!

Ich habe diesen Thread schon als er Anfing beobachtet und jetzt beschäftige ich mich mit dem Thema erneut.

Leider keine Baremetal version, aber eine VM Installation auf Unraid.

Leider hatte ich bisher nur minimalen Erfolg, da ich immer die Meldung kriege, dass keine Laufwerke vorhanden seien.

Als Hypervisor benutzt ich UNRAID. 

Hatte schon einer von euch erfolgreich eine VM aufsetzen können ?

Eventuell eine Modellnummer durchgeben können, die bisher vielversprechend war ?

Beste Grüße

Success !!! Erfolg !!!

Also, nach vielem Testen habe ich es geschafft !!! Diese Modell Config war die erste mit der ich Erfolg mit Netzwerk und Laufwerken hatte, und sogar noch mehr. Weitere Anmerkungen unten:

Ich habe eine Linux VM auf meinem Unraid Server eingerichtet mit der ich (BISHER) stabil arbeiten kann.

Es befindet sich noch im Test, also ist mein endgültiges Urteil offen:

Setup:

Unraid Server 6.9.2 

AMD Ryzen 3700X

Nvidia 1060 3GB (bisher noch keiner VM zugewiesen, kommt aber noch in den Folgetests)

32GB RAM

Asus B450 Strix Gaming II (Diverse C State Settings, mit einer QNP VM bin ich bei 192,5 - 21Watt (1x Boot VDisk und 1x Datastorage VDisk)

Modell und FW die ich nutze:

MODEL_TYPE="Q00I1_Q00X0_10_10"

PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X83XU_20210908-5.0.0.1785"

DOWNLOAD_URL="https://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/TS-X83XU/"

Also, das wichtige beim erstellen ist die Reihenfolge. Beim ersten Start NACH dem erstellen mit TinyCore MUSS man manuell den Netzwerktreiber auf "e1000e" setzen damit die "Intel Nic" angesprochen wird di die TS-983U-RP verwenden würde. Ja, eigentlich hat diese zwei Nics, und eine wird dann nicht verwendet werden, aber für die VM reicht es mir vorerst.

Die VDisks müssen dann nicht mit IDE sondern können beliebig angeben werden. Im System werden die VDisks allerdings alle als SSD erkannt, Was man sicher noch anpassen könnte wenn man das wollte.

Ich konnte allerdings erfolgreich meinen Speicherpool anlegen.

Sogar mit QNAP Link konnte ich meine VM Koppeln, d.h ich test noch ob ich Remote auf die VM zugreifen kann. Bisher sah das aber ganz vielversprechend aus.

To Do Liste:

Ich teste nun das Durchreichen eines ZFS Pools und ob das komplett erkannt wird.

Nvidia Passthrough damit ich diese für HW Endcoden nutzen könnte, ansonsten bleibt der Plex Server auf Unraid.

Weitere Tests.

To not Do Liste

Intel HDMI Out - Ich hab keine iGPU und auch nicht vor das zu testen. Eventuell mit der NVIDIA GPU

Mehr Dazu gerne wenn das Interesse besteht.

Beste Grüße,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Ive been following his topic for some time and have limited experience with trying to get the model type and all that information.  I can follow these guides and get this done however I am needing the “model type” for the TVS-672 or TVS-872.   I built a system with similar specs however nobody has posted the model type for that firmware.   If possible can I get the model type for the TVS-2472xu as well.    I don’t know how to find this information and my skills are limited.

any help will be greatly appreciated.  I’m working with the Intel 9th gen cpu which is technically the same as the 8th gen cpu which these systems are based on.

thank you for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my way to get it to work on an Fujitsu Esprimo P920 with 12GB ram

1.) Download QNAP-BOOT-EN-v1.00.img.zip from
https://mega.nz/folder/LJ4wyaDY#MxOC2UgNqC-Y6gQXu-IUFA

2.) I use HDDRawCopyPortable to beam it onto an USB Stick or a small SSD

3.) Place the ssd with the image on SATA Port 5

4.) and 2x 2,5" HDD on port 0 and 1

5.) in the BIOS I switch the sata ports all to hotswap

6.) Boot into the qnap menu while pressing the arrow key "down" to access the correct menuentry for modifying my qnap image

7.) I checked different QNAP Systems for INTEL and they all worked for me. Actually I use these 2

8.) Model Info
8.1) TS-X85
    MODEL_TYPE="QY380_QY390_10_11"
    #PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X85_20200529-4.4.2.1320"
    #PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X85_20210923-4.5.4.1800"
    #PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X85_20211029-5.0.0.1837"
    PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X85_20211114-5.0.0.1853"
    DOWNLOAD_URL="https://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/TS-X85/"
8.2) TS-X72     TVS-872X
    MODEL_TYPE="Q0121_Q0160_17_10"
    #PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X72_20211029-5.0.0.1837"
    PATCHED_FIRMWARE="TS-X72_20211114-5.0.0.1853"
    DOWNLOAD_URL="https://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/TS-X72/"
9.) modifying the file my_create_qnap_boot with these infos
10.) sudo ./my_create_qnap_boot
11.) sudo reboot and thats it!
12.) now you can login to the qnap system with your webbrowser and setup the machine.

I'm also still failing on vmware workstation and ESXi, but as soon as I am successful, I will post that here :)

If there is a new firmware version for your qnap, you only have to reboot into the QNAP Install menu, and enter the info from point 8. to 11. again with the newer firmware info and thats it again!

Hope this helps

Model.PNG

System.PNG

System2.PNG

Speicher.PNG

model.conf my_create_qnap_boot

Edited by calimero
  • Like 4

I switched the model and restarted the QNAP again.

It took a time to check my raid, but after that, the system was up again with the big model as you can see in the screenshot.

Switched-Model.PNG

External devices via USB will be recognized, but actually not on every port

externaldevice.PNG

Edited by calimero

On 11/17/2021 at 2:16 PM, calimero said:

I'm also still failing on vmware workstation and ESXi, but as soon as I am successful, I will post that here :)

Thanks for reviving my interest in QNAP. For ESXi, i tested and was succesfull after using the boot disk as IDE and Data disks on SATA controller.

Of course the kernel modules included in the initial boot image made Jul/Aug 2020, are not valid anymore as we are now running 5.10.68 kernel but once you stick to the basics for VMware you should be fine.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I also got the QNAP running on my Supermicro X11SSH-LN4FMainboard with an Intel Pentium G4560.
I have builtin a LSI 9211-8i which is also recognized and also the HDDs but the QNAP says that the SMART Status isn't supported by the HDD.
Is there any Fix for this or is this really caused by the HDDS? The HDD Models are HSGT HUS726020ALS214.
I have also built in a Mellanox ConnectX2, which doesn't seem to be supported from the newer Kernels because I have seen that the mlx4 Drivers are in there.

Is there maybe a possiblity to compile the Driver that the Mellanox Connectx2 will be also supported?

My QNAP Model is a TS-1886XTU-RP with Firmware 5.0.0.1870.

Thank you.

Hallo,

ich bin ein absoluter Neuling,... daher nicht böse sein, wenn ich dumme Fragen stelle.....ich versuche das Image von Calimero vom 17.11.2021 =>QNAP-BOOT-EN-v1.00.img.zip von https://mega.nz/folder/LJ4wyaDY#MxOC2UgNqC-Y6gQXu-IUFA auf einen

OptiPlex 3020M

Service-Tag: F4BBZ72

|

zu installieren.

MIT TC habe bekomme eine IP Adresse und Netzwerkzugriff.
Die Einrichtung my_create_qnap_boot   fkt. mit Putty über das Netzwerk fehlerfrei.

IM TC bekomme ich folgende Anzeige:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev d4)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev d4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation C220 Series Chipset Family H81 Express LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0c)

Nach dem aufgeforderten Reboot bekomme ich keine IP Adresse für den Browserzugriff.

Was mache ich falsch? Hat jemand ein TIPP für mich?

Vielen Dank für Euere Hilfe!

12 hours ago, calimero said:

Which QNAP System have you installed? Does it recognize your cpu correctly? What's about your bios cpu settings?

Regards

- QTS 5.0.0.1870

- HP Proliant Gen10+ with G5420

- bios is fine it sees 2 cores 4 threads

- I have my theory - if TinyCore doesn't recognize it - most probably QTS as well?

Edited by beniaszek5

habe es heute testweise als

TVS-472X mit

Q0120_Q0180_10_10

auf einem alten XEON X3430 mit 8GB RAM installiert.

Meinen LSI SAS HBA hatte er erkannt, meine Mellanox Connect X2 nicht...muss hier mal schauen, ob ich eine Intel oder andere 10G NIC zum laufen bekomme.

Ich überlege nun mir einen intel atom soc (supermicro) zu holen und mein TS-251B in Rente zu senden....wichtig sind für mich die Docker container...die teste ich morgen....erst mal Daten vom richtigen NAS herschaufeln...

interessant sind die 0 von 8 GB RAM...

t1.jpg

I have installed QuTS Hero h4.54.1892 on a Gigabyte Mainboard and everything is working, except the NVME Port. 
I have used the Model TVS-872X. 
According to lspci is the Address for the NVME Port 09:00.0 and I have converted it and then I get this Address B09:D00:F0.
I have added B09:D00:F0 as DEV_PORT to the Model Conf for the NVME SSD but it isn't recognized. I tried also different Ports in the model.conf or do I need a PCIe Card of QNAP to get this working?

I have also attached my model.conf.
@pocopico Do you have maybe an Idea how to get the NVMW Port to work?

Thank you.

model.conf

Edited by hitman22

Ich habe hier seit geraumer Zeit ein TS-1685 (QY380_QY390_10_11) mit QTS5 auf einem alten Intel-Server (S1200) und ein TS-853BU (QY670_QY721_10_10) auf einem Esprimo C710 am Laufen. Alles Problemlos.

NVME's auf PCIe-Adaptern werden mit popopicos' Image auch erkannt aber sind (wie üblich) nur als Cache nutzbar.

Hat jamend eine Lösung für die fehlende Seriennummer? Ohne diese läuft der Teamviewer nicht...

@snoopy78 Hast Du was für den LSI SAS einstellen müssen oder wurde er direkt erkannt?

@hitman22Delete whole entries for [System Disk 9] and [..10]. Maybe only [System PCIE SLOT 3] (with or without TBT_BUS_ID) will work.

@VauRa Ich habe deinen Tipp mal befolgt und System DIsk 9 und 10 gelöscht. Aus der Speicherübersicht sind die Slots dann verschwunden, allerdings ist die NVME trotzdem nicht sichtbar. Beim System PCIE SLOT 3 habe ich das TBT_BUS_ID mal gelöscht, aber das hat auch nichts gebracht.
Bei dem NVME Slot handelt es sich um einen Onboard Port und um keine PCIe Karte, falls das weiterhilft.
Ich habe meine aktualisierte model.conf nochmal angehängt.

Dies ist noch die Ausgabe von lspci -vtnn

-[0000:00]-+-00.0  Intel Corporation Device [8086:591f]
           +-01.0-[01]--+-00.0  NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] [10de:1c82]
           |            \-00.1  NVIDIA Corporation Device [10de:0fb9]
           +-08.0  Intel Corporation Skylake Gaussian Mixture Model [8086:1911]
           +-14.0  Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH USB 3.0 xHCI Controller [8086:a2af]
           +-16.0  Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH CSME HECI #1 [8086:a2ba]
           +-17.0  Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH SATA controller [AHCI mode] [8086:a282]
           +-1b.0-[02]--
           +-1b.2-[03]--
           +-1b.4-[04]--
           +-1c.0-[05]--
           +-1c.5-[06]----00.0  Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1539]
           +-1c.6-[07]--
           +-1c.7-[08]--
           +-1d.0-[09]----00.0  Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Controller SM961/PM961 [144d:a804]
           +-1f.0  Intel Corporation Device [8086:a2c9]
           +-1f.2  Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH PMC [8086:a2a1]
           +-1f.3  Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH HD Audio [8086:a2f0]
           +-1f.4  Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH SMBus Controller [8086:a2a3]
           \-1f.6  Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V [8086:15b8]

Laut DMESG wird die NVME zu mindestens vom Kernel erkannt:

[    2.087639] nvme nvme0: change state from 0 to 3
[    2.088405] nvme nvme0: pci function 0000:09:00.0
[    2.297520] nvme nvme0: forcibly turn off APST due to nvme_core.qnap_apst_off
[    2.301443] nvme nvme0: change state from 3 to 1
[    2.306057] nvme nvme0: nsid1 MN=Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB               , SN=     , FR=2B7QCXE7, eui64=0025385a-71b1-7fba
[    2.310901]  nvme0n1: p1 p2 p3 p4

Danke.

model.conf

Edited by hitman22

@hitman22Ok, noch eine Idee:

Trage beim [System PCIE SLOT 3] als DEV_BUS = B00:D29:F0 ein, also die Adresse der Bridge an der der Controller hängt. Mit einer Asmedia SATA-Karte hatte ich damit Erfolg (warum auch immer, manches ist bei dem Hack hier nicht erklärbar...) und konnte die Platte an dem Controller ansprechen.

Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere wurde bei mir die NVME auch mehrfach beim Booten in der Console erwähnt. Habe sie jetzt aber nicht mehr verbaut.

Achja, und noch was: Evtl.wieder die letzte [System Disk 8] löschen.

Edited by VauRa