XPEnology Community

NAS is hanging or sleeping or ???

68rustang

I need some help figuring out what is going on with my NAS. Occasionally it will just stop responding. The power is on, the lights are on and the Synology Assistant shows it as "ready" but no IP address is listed. It is set to receive a static IP from the router. None of the web interfaces respond. I think it is after long periods of inactivity but not certain. I think it started doing this after the DSM 5.0 4582 Update. It is a home built machine running DSM 5.0 - 4582 Update 2. I applied Update 1 and 2 hoping it would fix the issue but it hasn't. I don't see anything in the logs, literally nothing. The logs stopped logging around 1:00 PM today and didn't start again until I had someone at home do a hard reset on it around 3:00 PM.

Any ideas? I am new to Xpenology and usually not home when this happens. What should I be looking for?

After going over the logs again I noticed that it was showing as starting services every morning around 4 AM. Looked like it was rebooting or something. POking around further I found that the router was rebooting everyday around that time.

Lets see if that fixed it.