XPEnology Community

DS Photo/DS File DDNS not working

Benedict

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and to Xpenology. Would need some help here as I'm building my own NAS with DSM. the sticky shows that the DSM 5.0.4418 is in beta. May I know which is the latest stable version that I can install on my NAS for DSM5 and where do I get it?

Is this the Link? http://ukdl.synology.com/download/DSM

For installation i just need to follow the sticky thread am I right? Is it the same for all version?

Edited by Guest

I'm currently outside so can't take a screenshot. Just to check if i have 4 x 2tb HDD install in the system, after i install DSM i should be able to see and use all 4 HDD am I right? or 1 of the HDD will be used to install DSM and the HDD will not be available?

Nope. DSM is installed on all installed hard drives, even those installed later. You could see all HDD's, check in BIOS if all are enabled and/or in bootup screen, when bios is loaded

Thanks for your verification. I will try to check on bios and system. Thanks a lot..

I manged to resolve my 4th HDD issue. the 4th HDD is on GPT Proactive partition. need to clean the HDD.

Btw, since i can't create quickconnect ID, how do I access my box from outside? Understand that i need to use DDNS. But i'm not quite sure how does it works. Is there any guide in this forum that I can take a look? Can't find much on the ddns stuff

Hi Guys, I need some help on the connection to external network. I want to access DS File and DS Photo when I'm outside.

I have manage to add a DDNS (No-IP) to my box and the status of the DDNS is normal.But when i try to access the DDNS host from another network I'm unable to.

Anyone can help me out? I'm not very sure how does the DDNS work. I have set up the router to free up those port 80, 5000, 5001 and unblock the firewall for those ports.