XPEnology Community

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140-70A4 Working

techkyle

Attempting to install with Jun's Loader v1.03b DS3615xs and DSM_DS3615xs_23739.pat would fail repeatedly with Error 13.

Switched to Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+ with this guide using DSM_DS918+_23739.pat worked. Only steps needed was editing PID/VID and Serial.

In BIOS, I've disabled C1E and the serial port. I don't think I did much else different from default BIOS settings. I can look at BIOS settings further if anyone is interested but I doubt it'll be an issue.

Specs: 

Intel Xeon Processor E3-1225 v3 3.20 GHz, 8M Cache

4GB DDR4

500GB S-ATA HDD

no diskette drive

Tower Form Factor

Slim DVD-ROM

280W Power Supply

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Batman_25 said:

Also did u do anything to the second partition or use the extra ramdisk.

No modifications to the second partition on the flash drive and no ramdisk.

2 hours ago, Batman_25 said:

Sound alike u just used the loader and Pat file like the old days after modifying sn and mac

Yep. Pretty much only the VID/PID and SN edit, I left the MAC default. I'm new to Xpenology, so I just sort of assumed this was the standard way.

• 8 months later...

Quick update, not really anything groundbreaking. Upgraded memory to 4x 4GB DDR3 ECC from the stock 1x 4GB and migrated from the 500 GB drive to four HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 4TB.

I managed to migrate the array live thanks to the Synolgoy Hybrid RAID. Since I only have room for four drives, I added 3 of the drives, expanded the array, swapped the 500 GB for the last 4TB drive, and rebuilt it. Testing with hdparm, /dev/mapper/cachedev_0 is seeing ~472.49 MB/s reads with each individual drive seeing about 160 MB/s reads.

Following this guide, I was seeing a little over 370-390 MB/s writes to the array. I'm pretty pleased with that.