XPEnology Community

ESXi 6.5 & DSM 6.2 - Corrupt file (13) error

Duncan

I have a HP Z800 server with HP SmartController running ESXi 6.5, 6.7 does not support current hardware. 

I’ve followed followed the guide below, grub config has new serial number & one nic with the MAC address of the VM. All appears to be working well, find.synology.com finds my virtual DS3615, I select manual install select the 6.2.pat file, tried later versions. The  disk is formatted and the pat file is uploaded and consistently after upload and at 67% it fails saying the file is corrupt (13).

Any ideas or suggestions, regarding the VM config I have removed CD ROM, SCSI adapters also tried removing USB controller, it has two SATA controllers, SATA 0 with the boot image, SATA 1 With the VM disk. If I use download latest DSM same thing happens.

Is error 13 related to PID& VID values these have not been changed?

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

I did a little more research and stumbled across the link below, I used the 103b DS3615xs image and the the 6.2 pat file deployed successfully. The later update 6.22 was recognised and successfully applied so is working well now.

https://xpenology.club/downloads/

Thanks for you suggestion.

Main reason for deploying the is that I have a DS509 running DSM 4 and is no longer supported and needed to Sync OneDrive data which is working. I see you have a MicroServer Gen8, I have the GEN7 but am seriously considering the new GEN10 Plus.