XPEnology Community

Power Schedule / Startup timer ?

Hi there,

I ask myself if it wouldn't be great if the power schedule would work to boot and shutdown the NAS at a certain time.

Shutdown works so far without any change for me at all my NAS but what about booting? Of course I could set a wakeup-timer in the BIOS but it is no very dynamic and has often poor possibilities and since the NAS is running headless I wouldn't always attach and detach a monitor and keyboard to change the BIOS settings - very annoying.

Does anybody have a clue how to setup a working startup timer?

Of course I did. As I wrote it works perfectly for shutdown but not for startup. And I tested this with all my current and former Xpenology NAS (AMD Kabini, Intel Haswell, Intel Skylake, Intel Ivy Bridge, AMD Carizzo platforms). It never worked for startup.

I give you one task:

Set a shutdown time and 30 minutes later a startup time and please let me know if it worked for you.

Edited by valix
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, valix said:

Of course I did. As I wrote it works perfectly for shutdown but not for startup. And I tested this with all my current and former Xpenology NAS (AMD Kabini, Intel Haswell, Intel Skylake, Intel Ivy Bridge, AMD Carizzo platforms). It never worked for startup.

I give you one task:

Set a shutdown time and 30 minutes later a startup time and please let me know if it worked for you.

I'll answer that question. Yes it does. And the answer to the second question is N54L and 6.1.7.

And the answer to the next question is "Don't Know."  DSM has to write the startup date to BIOS and the BIOS must be set to allow wakeup on timer.

• Like 1

This are my test settings for DSM

150015991_settingsDSM.PNG.e2c204247d71ec016b28f81284766681.PNG

And the device shut down as usual correctly as planned, but even as usual nothing happend at 18:12 - no start up.

This are the power settings in BIOS:

IMG_20200319_175356_183.thumb.jpg.a4e80db03651a8605eb808dd7bb21180.jpg

I could set a wake up date in BIOS but it couldn't be controlled from DSM GUI.

DSM 6.2.2 on Biostar A10N-8800. But I hat the same experience with my HPE Microserver Gen8 and a Fujitsu D3417-B1 Board.

Edited by valix

• 3 weeks later...

I tested the Power Plan on the HP Powerserver Gen 8 I also have. It worked in a restricted way. It cannot determine between the week days, each day is today for booting up, setting up to boot e.g. only on saturdays results in a boot every day. I assume an issue I have to live with - and I lived with it since 2015 or 2014. A nice to have, but on the other hand, Xpenology is no comercial product.