XPEnology Community

Pentium 4 - IDE HDD

yaaa4

Hi folks!

I have a P4 with IDE HDD (really :razz:) running freenas. I don't really like freenas and XPEnology seems to be a really good solution.

Do you think my config will work with XPEnology? I did not have the information of the board (I think it's an Intel) yet but I think I can get it.

What do you think?

Thanks!

yaaa4

Hi folks!

I have a P4 with IDE HDD (really :razz:) running freenas. I don't really like freenas and XPEnology seems to be a really good solution.

Do you think my config will work with XPEnology? I did not have the information of the board (I think it's an Intel) yet but I think I can get it.

What do you think?

Thanks!

yaaa4

I'm trying to do something similar, though I have a RAID array of two SATA 1TB hard drives hooked up on an IBM 8183 (ThinkCentre S50), with a USB drive hosting OMV at the moment.

Little successes of mine include making the 4.1 kernel compile for x86, and basically that. It hangs on "Booting kernel..", and no matter what tags, flags, options I add to GRUB, it just simply won't go any further.

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

I've tried the xpenology 4.2 and it works almost flawless with my new Core 2 Duo build.

But I still have a problem with SMART warning in one of my HDD (PATA). The status of the SMART is unknown. I don't care to lose data on this volume, but I care to see the warning each time I log in. Is there a way to "desactive" the SMART for one of the HDD?

Thanks for the reply!