XPEnology Community

Please help! I've messed up!!

IndyUK

Hi Folks,

I need your help. I started to install the XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.1 build 2668++ (more hardware) version. However, in my haste, I forgot to un-plug my USB 1TB drive. When I realised this it was too late. Now it's formatted my partitions I had. I am desperately trying to recover my files. Apart from running a partition scan, does anyone know whether there's an easier method? I'm not sure what the setup would have done but I'm hoping those that are farmiliar with the installation process may be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Folks,

I need your help. I started to install the XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.1 build 2668++ (more hardware) version. However, in my haste, I forgot to un-plug my USB 1TB drive. When I realised this it was too late. Now it's formatted my partitions I had. I am desperately trying to recover my files. Apart from running a partition scan, does anyone know whether there's an easier method? I'm not sure what the setup would have done but I'm hoping those that are farmiliar with the installation process may be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

If you had Windows-supported partitions, you can try many of the Partition Recovery tools. I myself usually use Easeus Partition Recovery, for a few reasons:

- Free (both personal and commercial use)

- Unlike their Data Recovery tool, it can recover lost partitions, write partition table back, etc.

- Supports a lot of formats (NTFS/FAT, HFS/HFSX/HFS+, Ext2/3/4), the ones you usually use

- Does not need a WinPE boot disk

Although I usually use it on Windows deleted partitions (such as soft-formatted external hard drives, etc.), you might have some luck with it.