XPEnology Community

Nanobood 5.0.3.2 and USB WiFi Adapter

LeaderGL

The Netgear WNA1000-100ENS (N150) works with Trantor and NanoBoot. I have tested it using the latest NanoBoot with DSM 5.0-4528 Update 1 installed on an HP N40L The N150 is a bit slow but it can stream lower quality video. It might be worth testing an N300 or N600 if you want higher data rates - neither are officially supported by synology though, and may not work with NanoBoot. The N150 is the only Netgear USB Wifi listed on the synology compatibility list afaik.

The Netgear WNA1000-100ENS (N150) works with Trantor and NanoBoot.

Thanks, i'm trying with an N150 from Sitecom and it seems to work with XPEnology (by trentor) but not with Nanoboot 5.0.3.2.

There is a way to add supports to other USB WiFi Adapter modules?

• 2 months later...

Posting this just in case it's helpful to someone looking for a USB wifi device...

I recently got my hands on an ASUS USB-N53 Dual Band wireless N600 which is listed as a supported usb wifi device on the synology site, so I thought I would test it to see if xpenology would play nice with it. The USB-N53 isn't supported by the old Nanoboot 5.0.x version or the new Nanoboot 5.1.0 release, so don't go buying one for an xpenology machine.

It works partially but doesn't initialize correctly after selecting one of the three main modes, so you can't set-up any of the parameters to join a wireless network for example - you get a prompt to plugin a USB wifi device.

If someone wants to try and add the driver to the Nanoboot build I can test it to see if it works (this isn't a driver request...I don't use that feature).