XPEnology Community

trouble with internal sata ports

waspsoton

Hello All,

i have been running a server with DSM 6.1.-15266 with a Dell h310 flashed as a lsi 9211card. its been running great for a few years. but i have now used up all the ports on my hba card. so i want to use the sata ports on my a75m-HVS,  the server sees that i have some spare ports but when i plug a sata cable into them the drives arent being seen. i am sure when i setup the server i enabled more ports to work but it has been a few years since i had to play with all this. 

any ideas??

What is your SATAPORTMAP=xx value in your grub.cfg? And did you modify your synoinfo.conf file? 

5 hours ago, waspsoton said:

the server sees that i have some spare ports but when i plug a sata cable into them the drives arent being seen

You mean the overview in DSM‘s harddisk manager? It shows free/unused slots before or after your mapped drives?

yes i do

13 hours ago, jensmander said:

What is your SATAPORTMAP=xx value in your grub.cfg? And did you modify your synoinfo.conf file? 

You mean the overview in DSM‘s harddisk manager? It shows free/unused slots before or after your mapped drives?