XPEnology Community

Plex package on DSM 5.0-4528 (Update 1)

Schmill

I don't seem to be able to get plex to start on my box at the moment, (the package shows as started, but it is not running correctly, there is no web interface etc).

If I SSH in and cd to "/var/packages/Plex Media Server/scripts" ......

I have stopped the service in package manager, and the start_stop_status script confirms this:

/var/packages/Plex Media Server/scripts # ./start-stop-status status
Plex is not running

However when I try to start plex I get a LOT of errors:

/var/packages/Plex Media Server/scripts # ./start-stop-status start
Starting Plex ...
/volume1/@appstore/Plex Media Server/Resources/rsync: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/volume1/@appstore/Plex Media Server/Resources/rsync: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have truncated this for readability as there are a fair few of these messages!

A status check will then show plex as running, but needless to say it does not 'appear' to be running (no web interface etc).

Plex is running

Any ideas as to what is happening here?

EDIT

Also looking in the plex log, (via package manager), it shows a long list of trying to install plug-ins, and errors in the form of:

error - system returned error, errno=10

I don't seem to be able to get plex to start on my box at the moment, (the package shows as started, but it is not running correctly, there is no web interface etc).

If I SSH in and cd to "/var/packages/Plex Media Server/scripts" ......

I have stopped the service in package manager, and the start_stop_status script confirms this:

Plex is not running

However when I try to start plex I get a LOT of errors:

/var/packages/Plex Media Server/scripts # ./start-stop-status start
Starting Plex ...

I have truncated this for readability as there are a fair few of these messages!

A status check will then show plex as running, but needless to say it does not 'appear' to be running (no web interface etc).

Plex is running

Any ideas as to what is happening here?

EDIT

Also looking in the plex log, (via package manager), it shows a long list of trying to install plug-ins, and errors in the form of:

error - system returned error, errno=10

I've seen mention various issues with permissions during upgrades, have you checked all is OK in this area?

Hi I checked the permissions and nothing appeared amiss - I even changed some as per a post I found, but it made no difference so I changed it back.

Thing is I don't know how old some of the information on the net is and if I just fiddle I might break it further - lol

Yes - I tried the pack from synology package manager, then uninstalled that and tried the latest Intel / Synology pack from the Plex site and neither worked correctly. :sad: