XPEnology Community

MSI H81I i5-4460T (Intel HD 4600) reboots with transcoding enabled

gatsu_1981

Hi, I just want to thank everyone with this piece of software.

I used a lot of time on an old Asrock Q2900 ITX, now I bought a new(ish) MSI H81i for using hw acceleration and having a better system.

My CPU is a 4460T (35w TDP, Haswell refresh) and it has got an integrated HD 4600 GPU.

Network works fine since it's Realtek r8111 based.

I have a couple of problems, the main one is that it reboot when I try to see a video in Video Station on my browser with HW acceleration enabled.

It starts and encoding works, but as soon as i stop it or move the slider my system reboot.

My conditions:

- real mac / serial combo, took from a dead unit, I even have synology.me working

- jun's loader 1.04b, for ds918+

-  /dev/dri is populated

cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf
 {"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc","mpeg4part2_dec","aac_dec","aac_enc","hevc_dec","vc1_dec","vc1_enc","ac3_dec","mpeg4part2_enc"],"token":"d686df0830fa070505494ed7d9787fa2"}

Other problems:

- my system will not boot without HDMI connected

How can I solve it? I tried some 

1 hour ago, Olegin said:

Read this

Hi, already tried.

Syno version has the same effect as standard loader version, it creates /dev/dri but it reboots when skipping a video with hw acceleration enabled.

STD version will not boot correctly: my diskstation get "pingable" but it will not respond to web interface, putty etc.

Recovery version would be useless to test, since I want to have HW acceleration working without random reboots 

It will create /dev/dri everytime and hardware encoding starts, but then it reboot when I skip the video in the web player. 

It is very noticeable that it is actually working, since quality is very high, I tried with hw encoding off and quality was not as good. 

Don't you have any suggestions like disabling something in the BIOS? 

3 hours ago, Huberer said:

Post a screen shot of the boot options from your bios. I think your thumb drive is not in the first place.
Reboots come from attached video-cable (hdmi/dvi)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hi, I will post it later but I'm almost sure that the boot drive is the first (and only the one enabled) boot drive.

I'm almost sure it's the only one, and it is in efi mode.

It has surely something to do with video cable, since I had to buy a dummy HDMI adapter, otherwise the Synology won't come up online after a reboot.

Edited by gatsu_1981