XPEnology Community

Lost network connection with my MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 card

Popeye-DR

My system just stop communicating, and I thought that it was my MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 card. I did some troubleshooting, and the NIC is on a good conditions, but not recognized on Xpenology.

I do not know if I should redo my USB, and everything that is save or configured, might be gone.

Or, just change the extra files for a different ones.

Now I am connected to it via the main motherboard NIC.

My main concerns is that If I change any configurations on the USB, will I loose everything?

Note: I am using 918+ Xpenology USB

and did you use the new 6.2.2 capable drivers from here?

(i guess not)

please reread you initial post and you discretion of the problem - you not even mention that you updated and lost connection after that

read the following and you should be able to fix it by just copying the extra/extra2 to you (updated) usb drive

The extra918plus_v0.8_std worked. I was able to see the my MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 card, and no loose any data. 

On 2/19/2020 at 4:55 PM, Popeye-DR said:

My system just stop communicating, and I thought that it was my MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 card. I did some troubleshooting, and the NIC is on a good conditions, but not recognized on Xpenology.

I do not know if I should redo my USB, and everything that is save or configured, might be gone.

Or, just change the extra files for a different ones.

Now I am connected to it via the main motherboard NIC.

My main concerns is that If I change any configurations on the USB, will I loose everything?

Note: I am using 918+ Xpenology USB

My concern was that if I made any alteration to my USB, if I would loose everything.