XPEnology Community

Just updated from 5.0-4493u7 to 5.0-4525 on my HP N54L (bare metal).

I downloaded boot image from xpenology.nl (thanks btw), edited the .lst files (sn, vid and pid so I have a custom SN and my usb thumb drive doesn't show up in DSM) like the previous installation.

Selected upgrade on nanoboot menu, launched Synology assistant, choose to migrate, used the DS3612xs 4528 pat file and that's all :smile:

I downloaded boot image from xpenology.nl (thanks btw), edited the .lst files (sn, vid and pid so I have a custom SN and my usb thumb drive doesn't show up in DSM) like the previous installation.

Selected upgrade on nanoboot menu, launched Synology assistant, choose to migrate, used the DS3612xs 4528 pat file and that's all :smile:

Worked for me, thanks. Bit of a scary moment when it said it had failed, but rebooted itself and eventually came online

If you're using the nanoboot image available on xpenology.nl, there is a couple of .lst files created on the thumb drive used to define menu parameters.

You can edit the default values.

sn= is the serial number that will appear on mydscenter, if you want it to be unique you can change it. Personally I used a number similar to my DS413j

vid (vendor id) and pid (product id) must match the values that define your USB thumb drive if you want nanoboot to hide it to DSM so it doesn't appear as an USB share.

On a Mac you can easily check this value out in About my Mac, on Windows there should be a similar software to do that.

If you're using the nanoboot image available on xpenology.nl, there is a couple of .lst files created on the thumb drive used to define menu parameters.

You can edit the default values.

sn= is the serial number that will appear on mydscenter, if you want it to be unique you can change it. Personally I used a number similar to my DS413j

vid (vendor id) and pid (product id) must match the values that define your USB thumb drive if you want nanoboot to hide it to DSM so it doesn't appear as an USB share.

On a Mac you can easily check this value out in About my Mac, on Windows there should be a similar software to do that.

Many thanks for this. I used XPEnology_VenderFilePatcher_v1001.exe previously but that was during the early daze of getting up and running, have not had to use it subsequently with patches etc.

Cheers

MF

Hiya,

Sorry to be a pain but is there any chance someone could provide a fairly step by step guide for ESXi?

I'd normally try and figure it out by myself however I'm away from home with a flaky VPN connection to rely on so I can't afford to screw this up taking chances. I'm also away for a long, long time so don't want to put it off.

I'm using nanoboot 5.0.3.1 I think it is, whatever the most recent is minus one. I'm on 4493 update 7 and I'm NOT using a custom SN.

Massive thanks to anyone for just reading this.

Just for my clarification:

When you say .lst files, you mean .debug, .install & .nano.

Did you change the SN, VID & PID to the same values in all files

Just for my clarification:

When you say .lst files, you mean .debug, .install & .nano.

Did you change the SN, VID & PID to the same values in all files

Cheers

MF

No problem with installing new version DSM 5.0-4528 - nanoboot 5.0.3.2 (bare metal) from DSM 5.0-4493 update 5:

1. start xpenology

2. in menu chose install/upgrade

3. click tab

4. change to upgrade=5.0-4528

...from synology assitant load new file pat.

No problem with installing new version DSM 5.0-4528 - nanoboot 5.0.3.2 (bare metal) from DSM 5.0-4493 update 5:

1. start xpenology

2. in menu chose install/upgrade

3. click tab

4. change to upgrade=5.0-4528

...from synology assitant load new file pat.

It's works !

All OK.

thanks for the link!

this work around from said link

Instructions on how to change this setting (no warranties):

- Log in to your NAS with SSH using the root account (not admin, you need root rights)

- type "vi /etc/synoinfo.conf" to open the file in VI editor

- Using your cursor keys, scroll down to the line that says allow_HD204UI="yes". In my version of the file, it's at line 214, at 64% under # Fixed items (lol)

- Press "i" or hit the insert key to enter edit mode of VI editor

- Write "#" in front of the line, to comment it: # allow_HD204UI="yes"

- Press ESC to enter command mode

- Type :wq and hit return to write the file and quit VI editor

- Type reboot and hit return to reboot your NAS.

After your NAS has rebooted, you should be able to access the web interface again.

I have DSM 5.0 4493 update 7.

Can't I upgrade to the new 5.0 - 4528 the usual way...

1. Download the update

2. Run task

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

3. Update.

I give me "temporary directory access error"

1.jpg.bebb477dfef0f77a1f427f9760341fcc.jpg

593ef3b499f98_ScreenShot2014-10-29at2_53_12PM.jpg.6c737e64e9054b197789a06e370d57e1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Used the VMDK boot image from XPenology.nl

Booted up and choose upgrade 4528.

Went to the webinterface and choose migrate. Picked the original PAT file and upgraded to 4528.

After that I went in to the webinterface again and did an upgrade to 4528 update 1 (without the SED command).

All seems to be ok! No disks unmounted etc.

Running ESXI 5.5 build 2068190

[EDIT]

Only thing that was not working and needed a reinstall was the Open-VM-Tools.

After removing it, reboot, reinstall, reboot everything was fine again!

Edited by Guest