XPEnology Community

Thermal status?

martysport

OK, thanks :smile:

Any idea on how to fix it? seems stuck at 40°C.

It seems to be a common problems but no idea on how to get it to read correctly :???:

Why would you think the reading is not correct? Look at your hard disk temperatures.

A solution would be to update your airflow in your case.

HDD's never goes above 30°C :smile: (normally between 27-29°C)

I say it isn't correct because it NEVER moves from 40°C, even under load.

If you search the forum you will find other people who have the same issue (HDD temp works OK but thermal status temp is froze at 40)

If I SSH this cat /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input I get 29°C

• 4 weeks later...

Have build 3 bare metal setups now all with different boards/CPU's always shows 40°C

Can people with bare metal setups please check theirs? I'm pretty sure this is a glitch and will always show 40°C

Even with the system in sleep it is 40°C even with the case open, same with the CPU at 90% transcoding with Plex.

CPU core temp is 26°C with SSH

login as: root

root@192.168.x.xx's password:

BusyBox v1.16.1 (2014-10-10 08:38:16 CST) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

DiskStation> cat /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input

DiskStation>

I'm running bare metal, but on an N54L, which is a fairly common platform so may benefit from more support?

Anyway, my temps are reported as per below;

Thermal Status green 'blob' tooltip: 34c /93f

Thermal Status orange 'blob' tooltip: 34c / 93f

Storage Tab:

Disk1: 34c / 93f

Disk2: 33c / 91f

I can't do the "cat /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input" command as I don't have a "coretemp.0" under devices!

Not sure if this helps but I'm running ESXi (HP) on the MicroServer N54L. I installed the HP SIM pack and can see this in the vSphere Client:

Status.jpg

Could you please explain how you installed the HP SIM pack so that you are able to see all those sensors?

Here is a screenshot of my sensors on my N54L running "HP Custom Image for ESXi 5.5.0 U2 GA Install CD" with a free license.

9Hy9Lej.png?1

Does it ever change from 34°C? or is it fixed no matter what?

That I couldn't tell you as I don't particularly stress my system, and so the temperature seems to stay fairly stable.

Drive2 temperature has today has changed from 33 to 34, so to be honest as most of the heat seems to be coming from the drives, a system temperature of around 34 seems reasonable too.