XPEnology Community

N54L esata Enclosure

segator

The eSATA port on the N54L doesn't support port multiplication. I don't think anyone has found a PCI-e SATA card with port multiplication that works reliably with DSM (happy to be corrected!).

By the way, you can easily fit two 3.5" drives in the ODD bay, four if you try hard enough.

Hey,

N54L support port multiplication(With Custom bios), don't know if working on DSM Xpenology but on Windows and OpenMediaVault work's perfect(Tested)

but how can I add two 3,5 drivers on ODD bay, can you extend 1 sata to x2 sata?

Thanks!

The bios and hardware will support a port multiplier on the eSata but the DSM does not. Synology is blocking us on that one.

I am trying to get the same thing running and I'm going to try a USB to esata adapter ($30 on amazon?) that supports port multiplication and I'll see if that will bootleg support for my 4 bay esata enclosure with xpenology and let it see all 4 drives.

Will report back in a week or 2, haven't had time to mess with it yet.

The bios and hardware will support a port multiplier on the eSata but the DSM does not. Synology is blocking us on that one.

I am trying to get the same thing running and I'm going to try a USB to esata adapter ($30 on amazon?) that supports port multiplication and I'll see if that will bootleg support for my 4 bay esata enclosure with xpenology and let it see all 4 drives.

Will report back in a week or 2, haven't had time to mess with it yet.

I Think with this config you can see and use the HDD but cannot create SHR or Expand with existing Raid's, only mount and backup HDD.

I Wait for your news :wink: