XPEnology Community

XPEnology DSM 6.2 Installation on HP P7-1047C

SPCQC

Hi!

I installed DSM 6.1 last week on my HP and everything is working well! However, due to the fact to I want to backup my Server and VM, I'd like to get Synology Drive that is only accessible on DSM 6.2. I then began to install with the same steps of DSM 6.1, but with DSM 6.2 downloaded from Synology Website and Bootloader 1.03b. I tried for DS3615xs and DS3617xs and no result. I plug the USB key, select first option and when I go onto find.synology.com, I can't find it. I tried with Synology Assistant and can't find it.

Can someone give me a little hint of where to look for debuggng this?

that depends on what 6.2 version you are talking about the latest is 6.2.2 is that much different that the drivers from the loader (made for 6.2.0) do not match anymore

you need to install the first 6.2 version to get it properly working or if using 6.2.2 dsm *.pat file to install you need matching drivers

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

2nd half is about 3615/17

Il y a 4 heures, IG-88 a dit :

that depends on what 6.2 version you are talking about the latest is 6.2.2 is that much different that the drivers from the loader (made for 6.2.0) do not match anymore

you need to install the first 6.2 version to get it properly working or if using 6.2.2 dsm *.pat file to install you need matching drivers

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

2nd half is about 3615/17

I tried to install DSM 6.2(.0) because of those driver issues. I did see this link first but wasn't fully understanding so I sticked with the normal version.

Do I still need to add drivers that are in the link?

By the way, thanks for oyur fast answer. It's very appreciated :)

15 hours ago, SPCQC said:

Do I still need to add drivers that are in the link?

no if you upload the 6.2.0 pat file when installing it should work without this

as you gave no precise information i might have to guess about whats the most probable reason

if you where using 6.2.0 then it might be that 1.03b need CSM mode (and csm mode boot device when selectiong the usb boot device)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

Le 08/02/2020 à 13:16, IG-88 a dit :

no if you upload the 6.2.0 pat file when installing it should work without this

as you gave no precise information i might have to guess about whats the most probable reason

if you where using 6.2.0 then it might be that 1.03b need CSM mode (and csm mode boot device when selectiong the usb boot device)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

Hi!

I was using DSM 6.1, tried to install 6.2.0 but it always give me this screen. I don't have the place to enter the pat file.

image.thumb.png.d6f708e249872d0458d818241732a4e9.png

I do not have any settings in my BIOS about CSM or else. I do not have have options over RUFUS for UEFI/MBR

image.png.b09d6902765599ecb4d775b88bbd81c9.png

When I try to boot over the USB Drive in non-UEFI, it is obviously not working, and I do not know how to make it work.

I'll try to go over 6.1 and then update but I doubt it will be working. Where could I look to give you more infos?

Thanks for your time, it's very appreciated.

Il y a 2 heures, SPCQC a dit :

I'll try to go over 6.1 and then update but I doubt it will be working. Where could I look to give you more infos?

So I just installed 6.1 and updated to 6.2 but now it's not finding it over find.synology.com and via Synology Assistant.

csm might be on by default, so look in bios for usb boot devices, there should be two for uefi and one generic/bios

also some hp systems might need a special MBR version of the loader

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/20270-dsm-62-loader-with-mbr-partition-table/

atm i'd asume the system does not boot at all, only way to be certain is a serial console and most people don't know about serial cables/null modem cables

so look for the selection of boot devices and try the mbr version of the loader