XPEnology Community

Howto install Hyper-V Integration Services

Burner1977

• 1 year later...

I think someone would need to compile the Integration Services source code for DSM. I can't find any links for this on Google, I think you may be out of luck.

There's a lot more people running Xpenology under VMware vSphere so there are more guides and help available if you go down this route. If you come from a Microsoft background, as I do, it can be quite steep learning curve, but it's worth it in the end :smile:

• 2 months later...

I'd like to know if this is possible. I just need something to make the VM shutdown properly when restarting the Hyper-V server.

Currently it shuts down forcibly, so before rebooting the Hyper-V I have to login to the machine and shut it down properly before reboot :sad:

Aigor, I am not sure how to determine if I have the latest version and how to update to the latest if I have an out-of date one.

Please advice.

Hi, ssh in your NAS, go in /lib/modules/ check if there are modules with this command

DiskStation> pwd
/lib/modules
DiskStation>
DiskStation> find hv*

hv_balloon.ko
hv_netvsc.ko
hv_storvsc.ko
hv_vmbus.ko

If you have these modules, load them,and try if they work

Forgot to mention my version

DSM 5.2-5565 Update 2

Hi I have all of those listed as well. My version is DSM 5.-5967 Update 2.

The only issue I have is, that I need the VM to shutdown properly when restarting the Hyper-V.

Currently the sutdown is by force.

start VM and after boot is complete load those modules, if you don't see any error, try to shutdown VM

It says Failed to shutdown the VM and a lot of text, that the integration services are not installed or runnning blah di blah...

Have no clue why it does behave like this then.

Searching on google showme kernel part that need to be included in kernel compiling, but i suspect it's a little beat out of your knoweldge as you said before.

try to red viewtopic.php?f=15&t=551