XPEnology Community

TheCUS N5550 loaded 6.2.2 update 4, won't boot

gquiring

I don't get it, I loaded the latest update to DSM 6.2.2.24922, booted and it worked fine.  I made two changes after the update, added a share and configured a network UPS.  I copied about 5tb to the array, no issues.  I decided to reboot it today just to make sure everything is ok and it won't boot.  find.synology.com can't find it and neither can their Windows app.

I am using Jun's loaded 1.03b. I confirmed the BIOS settings are correct.  Not sure what else to do?  I tried selecting reinstall from the Jun's loader menu but it can't see that either.   

Yes I have two TheCUS N5550 NAS units running DSM 6.2.2.  The 2nd one was sitting in my closet for a few years now, I am going to assume some dust got in the RJ45 jack which caused the network to go offline.  My 1st one has been running for over almost a year now with no issues.  I use it for streaming media to my Kodi server.  

Edited by gquiring
typo
  • Like 1

It's pretty standard, Jun's loader 1.03b.  In the BIOS disable UEFI boot.  Open the case and remove the boot card, it's purple in color and labeled MDS.  That's the TheCUS software.  

Then follow the steps for Jun's loader.  I used 3615xs DSM.

Edited by gquiring
update

I got burned 3x in a row with TheCUS software not being able to handle a single drive failure, all 3x I lost the array on a single disk failure.  When I got DSM loaded, I simulated a disk failure by pulling a drive and everything worked as expected.  DSM is rock solid on the TheCUS.  

4 minutes ago, gquiring said:

I got burned 3x in a row with TheCUS software not being able to handle a single drive failure, all 3x I lost the array on a single disk failure.  When I got DSM loaded, I simulated a disk failure by pulling a drive and everything worked as expected.  DSM is rock solid on the TheCUS.  

VID and PID?

19 hours ago, gquiring said:

Stick a keyboard and monitor on the NAS, get it into the bios and disable UEFI.  

Thanks man, I really do appreciate it. Got it all up and running. One last question!! Now that the install is all finished, can I take out the USB drive or is it always needed?

Thanks again 

1 minute ago, cabal2000 said:

Thanks man, I really do appreciate it. Got it all up and running. One last question!! Now that the install is all finished, can I take out the USB drive or is it always needed?

Thanks again 

1 minute ago, cabal2000 said:

Thanks again 

It's booting off the stick, it has to stay.  

• 2 months later...