XPEnology Community

I think I did a bad thing.... help

z-vap

OK I think i did a bad thing yesterday when I was working on my nas box.

I was updated up to 4493-update5 and I saw yesterday that I had update7 waiting for me.

I clicked download then I started working on something else, which caused me to forget that I clicked download.

Anyway, I messed up one of the httpd conf files, and I put it back the way it was, and wanted to reboot so the system would be fresh. However now it won't boot.

for the most part it would stop at:

:: Checking upgrade file
Killed

but recently it went past that spot and now it sits:

unmount: can't forcibly unmount /tmpRoot: Device or resource busy
linuxrc.syno executed successfully.
Post init
mount: mounting /dev/md0 on /tmpRoot failed: no such device

I don't know if doing the download of the update is causing this or not. Any ideas what I could do here?

EDIT: just an FYI i can browse the shares after following this, but I'd rather try to recover this problem without restoring, formatting and reinstalling.

Then my last thought is to "migrate" system. Which mean You have to reinstall system with migrate option. I dont know which system settings will be lost but you will not lost files on volumes, shared folders etc. Dont know what will happened with iSCSI LUNs (if You have any).

• 1 month later...

Similar thing occurred to me and I took the plunge and upgraded the DSM from 4498 to 4528. While upgrading on synology assistant status was "configuration lost" during the installation it went right for the installation without giving any option for migrate or what so ever. After installation was finished I was able to see all the files and folders. No data loss at all. Just wanted to give a heads up :smile:.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing as I got "configuration lost" after a reboot suddenly and the worse thing is I didn't prepare a backup USB. May I know is that mean my data will not lost even though I go through the installation under Synology Assistant? Thanks for advice in advance.