XPEnology Community

DSM 5.0-4493 Update 7

djf

I just updated from 4 to 7. Using the normal sed update method.

I had volume unmount issues, disk temp alerts -1°C ? Also had some permissions go from shares!!

The volume and disk issues went away after a power off and an extra reboot.

The Permissions, had create by hand again.

Seems ok now.

HP N54L (bare metal) with nanoboot

Accidently I have installed the update 7 without logging in to SSH first and do the commands:

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

But everything seems to be ok... No unmounted volumes, access rights are ok. :grin:

Check what version you have. You're probably still on previous update, since the sed commands trick the updater into going through with the update.

I did the same thing also, updated my Xpenology box without the SSH command and my DSM version is also showing up as Update 7. All files and permission are intact. Strange!

Another strange thing that I found out is that my real Synology box, a DS110j, does *NOT* show Update 7 when I checked for updates. It's currently at DSM 5.0-4493 Update 5 and according to the status, it is still up-to-date. Maybe the shell shock security issue doesn't affect ARM-based Synology NAS?

I did the same thing also, updated my Xpenology box without the SSH command and my DSM version is also showing up as Update 7. All files and permission are intact. Strange!

Another strange thing that I found out is that my real Synology box, a DS110j, does *NOT* show Update 7 when I checked for updates. It's currently at DSM 5.0-4493 Update 5 and according to the status, it is still up-to-date. Maybe the shell shock security issue doesn't affect ARM-based Synology NAS?

DS110j do not suffered from shellshock venerability, therefore no update for that

Only these boxes suffer from the shellshock bug.

15-series: DS415+

14-series: RS3614xs+, RS2414+, RS2414RP+, RS814+, RS814RP+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs

13-series: DS2413+, DS713+, RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, DS1813+, DS1513+

12-series: DS712+, DS1512+, DS1812+, DS3612xs, RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, DS412+, RS812+, RS812RP+, RS2212+, RS2212RP+

11-series: DS3611xs, RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, DS2411+, RS2211+, RS2211RP+, DS1511+, DS411+II, DS411+

10-series: DS1010+, RS810+, RS810RP+, DS710+

So only the beefcake models.

update OK from Hyper-V with update 5 , even no need to reboot

update OK from native Proliant N54L with update 4 : need to reboot 3 times (so i got same issue when i did the upgrade from update 4 to update 5) as volumes were unmounted

i lost permissions and folders set on the backup function

but the best for the end !! apparition of Box , Hubic , OneDrive on Cloud Sync !! alleluiaaaaa no need to wait for DSM 5.1 , tested all of them and works like a charm , that makes my day :smile: