XPEnology Community

Let's Encrypt ACMEv1 Protocol Expires June 1, 2020

shrabok

Question

Hello,

I'm currently running DSM 6.1.7-15284 Update 3. I have a few sites on my Xpenology box that use Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS Certificates.

I received an email from Let's Encrypt informing me that ACMEv1 Protocol is going to be depricated and to move to ACMEv2.

Beginning June 1, 2020, we will stop allowing new domains to validate using
the ACMEv1 protocol. You should upgrade to an ACMEv2 compatible client before
then, or certificate issuance will fail. For most people, simply upgrading to
the latest version of your existing client will suffice. You can view the
client list at: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/

Since I'm on the latest 6.1 update, I'm under the impression this will not get fixed? Does anyone know if 6.2 support ACMEv2 at the moment?

I have not upgraded to 6.2 as my nic (GIGA-BYTE Onboard NIC) as failed to work with any new loader. I have not seen any updates regarding support for Gigabyte nic's, if anyone knows where to find the supported network interfaces for the boot loader (or if its supported), please let me know.

I'm wondering what options we have to upgrade Let's Encrypt in an existing 6.1 system or if anyone knows a solutions to this.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi @PABben,

Thanks for the response, I went digging to see if I can avoid purchasing a NIC Card. I found there is a new extra.lzma file that supports some additional network drivers

I plan to try this soon. running an `lspci -v` from your synology cli may help to see if you have a supported nic in the driver list.

Hopefully you may be able to return your card if this works for you as well.

• Thanks 1