XPEnology Community

TerraMaster F2-221

hammyhavoc

Hello!

I'm looking to install XPEnology on my TerraMaster F2-221 as I'm dissatisfied with the current possibilities of the software in terms of backing up the server itself.

I saw that @Wolffamily13 got his F2-221 up and running with XPEnology back in July.

Does anybody have any advice/experience in doing this?

What model .pat file should I use?

Sorry for the noobish questions!

Wishing everybody a happy and healthy 2020!

Go straight and download the 3615xs named DSM_DS3615xs_24922.pat and proceed with the 1.03b loader tutorial to create the usb drive, then modify the second partition of the usb drive where reside the extra.lzma file and follow the guide

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

(basically extracting/replacing the 2 files on the stick with the ones from the original pat and adding the new extra.lzma vers. 0.5 from the topic above).

This way you should be on DSM 6.2.2 (the latest one)

Edited by Herrnobiz

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

Any luck with this?

I tried on my F2-221. It boots but can't be seen in Synology Assistant, and periodically reboots itself. 

Maybe it's NIC drivers issue?

Any suggests?

Edited by monty
error correction

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I struggled with the Jun loaders as I could not find the extra driver files as all of the forum links were expired.  

Then I tried the Automated Red pill loader and on the second try I was up and running.  918+ DSM7, running smoothly on my F2-221.  I am using the ethernet port closest to the power plug, not sure if it matters, but on the first try I was using the other one and the system stalled while loading DSM.  

The process seemed intimidating at first, but it is really slick and simple.  I found this YT video helpful: