XPEnology Community

DSM installation stalls

tigs

i had a case once (avoton system)  where installing failed but running from a installed usb/disk combination worked

i'd try that that 1.03b usb and one of the disks you want to use in a different hardware, if the usb is ok then it should work on a different hardware, after installing move both to your C2538 system and see if it boots

i never found out why it was not installing, you would need to connect a serial (null modem) cable to find out whats going on and even then you might not want to dig in that deep into the synology install process, much easier to try to "skip" install and doing this step on a different hardware

also to spare some update trouble you might start with the latest 6.2.2 version (there are matching drives available now)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 1:14 PM, IG-88 said:

i had a case once (avoton system)  where installing failed but running from a installed usb/disk combination worked

i'd try that that 1.03b usb and one of the disks you want to use in a different hardware, if the usb is ok then it should work on a different hardware, after installing move both to your C2538 system and see if it boots

i never found out why it was not installing, you would need to connect a serial (null modem) cable to find out whats going on and even then you might not want to dig in that deep into the synology install process, much easier to try to "skip" install and doing this step on a different hardware

also to spare some update trouble you might start with the latest 6.2.2 version (there are matching drives available now)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

I had a chance to give it another attempt. I have tried more than 5 different USB thumb drives, all failed. Very odd. It is not the NIC driver issues. I had a feeling it is related to USB thumb drive, but I don't know what. 

• 2 weeks later...

i've tried all day to make it work (more than 10h) and all the time i've recived the same error as here. only 3 succesfuly times instaled from almost 30 atempts but after few reboots still to zero.

Asrock N3150-ITX here , used v1.04b DS918+ with 0.8_syno ds918+ or 0.8_recovery and finaly i got it working... i almost trowed on the window few USB because i was sure that's the problem but finaly somehow i've managed to install it after so many atempts. the fun part it's that i was sure i was doing something wrong but i almost didn't change annything.

Upgraded from DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1 but we shall se if is stable.