XPEnology Community

Problem with placing logfiles on external USB.

HHawk

Okay, I installed a second USB stick for my logfiles from sabnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato and auto-sub.

All works well until I reboot my machine. Then the applications won't start again and I must activate them by hand / manual. I think the problem is, is that the applications like sabnzbd, sickbeard, etc. start to quickly before the USB stick is initialized. Therefor it cannot read / create the necessary directories.

If I enable the apps manualy after a few seconds it works without any problems.

Anyone has an idea on how to solve this? Or a workaround?

Thank you!

Sorry, but I thought using an USB stick for the logfiles was the correct way to go?

Anyways I edited the config files back to volume1/etc... because it wasn't working from the USB stick. Couchpotato was giving the most problems.

And what do you mean with "use drive based volume"...?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am pretty to new to Synology.

Sorry, but I thought using an USB stick for the logfiles was the correct way to go?

Anyways I edited the config files back to volume1/etc... because it wasn't working from the USB stick. Couchpotato was giving the most problems.

And what do you mean with "use drive based volume"...?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am pretty to new to Synology.

Volume1 and other volumes that you may create are located on the hard drives. Drive based volume1 is a good choice vs USB or other external or network mounted locations.

Ah yes, back to square one then. I wanted to use the USB stick for the logfiles, so I can hibernate the harddisks. Now it access the harddisks, so they NEVER hibernate. That's the whole reason I wanted the logfiles on the USB stick in the first place. :S