XPEnology Community

Loader for DS1019+ is available on gebi1.cn

T-REX-XP

nice find, i guess i will have a look and check out why DS1019+ is "better" then 918+ to justify the effort of hacking it too, its just a "smaller" unit not a business unit

edit: looks like the 1019+ is nearly the same hardware as 918+ and there is no "new" hack, more a mod to juns loader and they used my 918+ extra/extra2 drivers - not newly compiled ones for that model (i hope they at least give credit by mentioning this forum as source)

atm i cant see anything useful compared to 918+ - any info why this 1019+ was done?

here are some translations for the chinese stuff

http://www.gebi1.com/thread-294293-1-1.html

2019/12/22 Added snail-only version, the system is downgraded to 6.21-up6 (the highest version supported by snail).
 DS1019 + introduction:
 1. Made with UEFI boot mode.  ASRock J3455 and 5th generation processors and above are supported. Specific self-test (the motherboard must be set to uefi type to boot, otherwise it cannot be connected)

2.Perfect support for solid state drives

3. The IMG package has been integrated with the system (model DS1019 +, version number: 6.22-up4) and has been installed. You can enter the system after booting.

4. Integrate a part of the network card driver, which can support the operation of non-internet network cards.
 Anyone who has used 2 in 1 knows that this image only supports writing to the hard disk, and writing to a U disk does not work.  You can prepare a solid or mechanical hard disk greater than or equal to 16G, and expand the storage partition later. There are many tutorials in the forum. Do your own research.  Don't repeat.

It is based on the JUN mod base package. Are there any unknown bugs that have not been found? If any bugs are found, I do not know how to fix them anyway.

--------------------------------------------------

Files: these are 2 disk images (not for flash drives) with several partitions and an installed system
 DSM : 6.2.1, 6.2.2
 UEFI : yes
 Installing the system from scratch has not been tested.
 login : admin
 password : 123456

https://mega.nz/#F!Yg5GXQ5A!GV6wJnppgk8In0EAheRZIw

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

nice find, i guess i will have a look and check out why DS1019+ is "better" then 918+ to justify the effort of hacking it too, its just a "smaller" unit not a business unit

edit: looks like the 1019+ is nearly the same hardware as 918+ and there is no "new" hack, more a mod to juns loader and they used my 918+ extra/extra2 drivers - not newly compiled ones for that model (i hope they at least give credit by mentioning this forum as source)

atm i cant see anything useful compared to 918+ - any info why this 1019+ was done?

here is the new topic with link for download.

On 12/26/2019 at 8:38 PM, T-REX-XP said:

Does Anybody have access to it??

the download link works and there are 2 img files you can inspect by opening it with 7z

edit: i took the freedom and incorporated your russian article in english too

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 2

I have just try to find the opportunity to run nvme on Asus p10s-i, something went wrong with ds918 loader in my case. NAS can't be found in the network after the booting from 918 loader.

At the same time, 3615/3617 loader works fine.

So I have started to find the alternative loaders.

4 minutes ago, T-REX-XP said:

I have just try to find the opportunity to run nvme on Asus p10s-i, something went wrong with ds918 loader in my case. NAS can't be found in the network after the booting from 918 loader.

i'm about to fix this today by working on a new package with latest intel drivers, that should fix your problem

looks like you will be the first beta tester, i will write you a message when i have something up and running

4 minutes ago, T-REX-XP said:

So I have started to find the alternative loaders.

my guess is this one wont help you as it contains my "old" 918+ extra/extra2 drivers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

i'm about to fix this today by working on a new package with latest intel drivers, that should fix your problem

looks like you will be the first beta tester, i will write you a message when i have something up and running

great, it sounds good. let's keep in touch. thank you

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Can a loader be made for this to try if possible ???

yes and there is one already, it was named (i did not test it)

ds1019+支持6.22及以上引导.zip
ds1019+ͺ│Í6.22╝░ÊÈ╔¤Ê²Á╝.img

but i guess you can also get the needed files from the vm image, it will use the same files as in jun's image, just copy the files with osf mount

the packed extra.lzma is my "old" one from 10/2019 (918+), i'd suggest to use it with a newer one (eta next weekend)

also i don't see the gain (atm) same hardware and kernel used by synology as in the 918+, only one disk slot more and we are not bound to this anyway (jun's defaut is 16 and more is possible)

Edited by IG-88

• 1 month later...

I don't see any difference between 1019+ and 918+ apart from having one more drive bay and more ram on the stock machine...

To be honest, I'm very familiar with what Chinese would do... (No offense)

When they say it's based on Jun's mod, this loader is more or less a renamed Jun's 918+ 1.04b with driver mod probably from IG-88...

btw the "2 in 1" image might worth attention as it saves you a USB drive for the loader, the downside is, no matter what drive you flash the image on, you'll only have 9GB of usable space on that drive

P.S. I can read Chinese so I understand them well

I tried what IG-88 suggested and copied the files from two partitions of the image to the two matching partitions of the DS918 1.04b bootloader image and made a clean installation.

What should I say: it was a waste of time. like everyone else wrote: just a DS918+ with one additional drive slot. Same CPU, same memory type, same kernel