XPEnology Community

DSM 5.0-4493 Update 5

Roodbaard

I had the same issue with my N54L and missing disks and volume even after a complete power down, but could still access the GUI and SSH to the box. So what I did was to modify the VERSION file in etc.defaults folder and set it back to 4 for the minor Version and rebooted. I got back everything as it was prior to the upgrade so all ok now. Just to be curious, I then went back to my VERSION file and put it back to 5 and rebooted. Everything still ok and all working as expected. :grin:

Re: failure to mount encrypted shares. For anyone else in the same state I managed to retrieve my data by copying the encrypted filesystem (/volume1/@private@ in my case) to a Linux server and following the instructions here: http://robertcastle.com/2012/10/howto-r ... -in-linux/

However, still can't mount via the XPenology box.

I had the same issue with my N54L and missing disks and volume even after a complete power down, but could still access the GUI and SSH to the box. So what I did was to modify the VERSION file in etc.defaults folder and set it back to 4 for the minor Version and rebooted. I got back everything as it was prior to the upgrade so all ok now. Just to be curious, I then went back to my VERSION file and put it back to 5 and rebooted. Everything still ok and all working as expected. :grin:

Unfortunately it did not work... No disks no volumes.

Tried the update again but even that does not work.

Re: failure to mount encrypted shares. For anyone else in the same state I managed to retrieve my data by copying the encrypted filesystem (/volume1/@private@ in my case) to a Linux server and following the instructions here: http://robertcastle.com/2012/10/howto-r ... -in-linux/

However, still can't mount via the XPenology box.

I have the same situation.

just made upgrade from update4 то update 5 with sed method.

I've had the same issues with Update 5.

I think it should be clear for everybody about the consequences of the update:

Update 5 manual is done.

A couple of pointers:

- Volumes are unmounted, takes a couple of restarts and a shutdown

- Re-apply user rights

- Check services (webstation etc)

- Media needs re-indexing (photo, audio station etc)

- Maybe some other things which I don't know about

Update is successfully installed on Hyper-V and HP N54L.

PS. I've made the update directly from Control Panel (without 'sed'), expecting not work like Update 4, but it worked ... :???:

Of course, after restart I've got first a GRUB error, then no volumes shown and in the end after some emotions everything was shown, but partial working due permissions, indexing..

@alan I have the same issue :sad:

I know I can retrieve the encrypted data using mount -t encryptfs, but I cannot create anymore any encrypted folders!

Does anybody has any solution to this ?

Thanks!

Applied the update, needed a couple of reboots to find the drives and we're mostly in business. However, I can now neither mount existing, or create new encryted shares. Web interface just states "The operation failed. Login to DSM and try again".

Log file entries below:

Sep 11 20:46:05 DiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Share.Crypto[1].decrypt[20106]: enc_writebio_disable.c:68 Failed to modify [/bin/echo 0 > /sys/block/md4/md/writebio]

Sep 11 20:46:05 DiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Share.Crypto[1].decrypt[20106]: enc_share_mount.c:217 Decryption share failed. Failed to Disabel WriteBio.

Sep 11 20:46:14 DiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Share.Crypto[1].decrypt[20135]: enc_writebio_disable.c:68 Failed to modify [/bin/echo 0 > /sys/block/md4/md/writebio]

Sep 11 20:46:14 DiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Share.Crypto[1].decrypt[20135]: enc_share_mount.c:217 Decryption share failed. Failed to Disabel WriteBio.

Alan

I've tried to create it ... it didn't work:

DiskStation> touch writebio

touch: writebio: No such file or directory

Anyway, very funny Release Notes:

Version : 5.0-4493 Update 5

(2014/09/10)

Improvement

Improve the stability of file copy to encrypted shared folders.

The best stability improvement: no more encrypted folders ... :twisted:

I've tried to create it ... it didn't work:

DiskStation> touch writebio

touch: writebio: No such file or directory

of course, /sys из ro by def.

try to mount in rw.

i think is simple text file , script /bin/echo 0 > /sys/block/md3/md/writebio put zero in fist line as parameter something.

as simple method , imho, need to change version to update3 and upgrade system to update4.

byt i'm in 120 км far away from nas. :sad:

I am stil wondering how to get my disks/ volumes back...

Gui and ssh works but reboots and shutdown cycles wont help :sad:

Can I install the synology software again without loosing my data?

And how to do that? If I choose Install/Upgrade the Synology assistant finds my working NAS nothing about upgradable

@heydude,

Did you use the Synology Assistant or Manual Update from Control Panel (changing the version number before) ?

I changed the version number to something very old

Then via the grub menu: update to the base install for the latest via the Assistent indeed. Then Upgrade to update 4

I will skip 5 for now after a day without volumes :wink:

Hi there if i want to update to update 5 i first want to do the thing in ssh like: sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

After that i get:sed: /autoupd@te.info: No such file or directory

So i can't seem to update at the moment,anyone with the solution?

The first thing you need to do is download the update, then run the commands via ssh.

Hi there if i want to update to update 5 i first want to do the thing in ssh like: sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

After that i get:sed: /autoupd@te.info: No such file or directory

So i can't seem to update at the moment,anyone with the solution?

The first thing you need to do is download the update, then run the commands via ssh.

Yes after dl the update again it worked again.

Thanks for the tip,now waiting for 10 mins to start up again(me happy :grin: )

Well also had the problem that my drives weren't mounted,gave hard reboot and there my disks are back but now my 2 volumes i had with all the apps i had running are gone?

What to do know?

Start over from scratch or...?

Got all of it back after 3 hard reboots so there is somethig wrong in the update but not all your data is gone.

For those who use the Encryption , after 3 reboots, you must replace the file libsynoshare.so.5

Otherwise, the encrypted folder will not be mounted from the interface DSM with Message:

"Operation not possible. Please sign in DSM and try again."

To do this, we download a file libsynoshare.so.5 and copy to '/lib' with replacement using WinSCP, or connect via ssh and swing wget that a file libsynoshare.so.5.tar.gz or just copy to any folder, go into it, and run the command

tar -xz --directory=/lib -f libsynoshare.so.5.tar.gz

Reboot not required

Just in case the right to file 0644

Edited by Guest