XPEnology Community

New to XPEnology

thedaggert

Hi,

I am total new to XPEnology and i have looked at some guides on youtube and i have made the USB drive using synoboot ds3617_6.2 and i boot using v1.03b and i install  DSM_DS3617xs_24922.
After the 10 min when my Nas reboots i can't connect using find synoloy and synology assistant, even if i ping the ip i get host unreachable.

Thank you in advice.

redo your usb (istalling 24922 changed files to a new version), delete disks and install 6.2.(0) aka v23739

there are changes in 6.2.2 (24922) that make the additional drivers (in the file extra.lzma) incompatible

when using a network hardware that need this drivers then network will not work after installing 24922

so you will have to stay with 6.2.(0) until a new driver package is availible (still work i progress)

or you use loader 1.02b and dsm 6.1, as long as you dont update to 6.2 you are also fine

After i got my synology installed i skipped the quick connect login at the startup because i thought i would just do that later.
But when i try to login to my synology account now i just get an error, the error just says "there is an unknown error" and i cant type anything is the quick id field.

Mabye some one have experienced the same issue?

Synology DiskStation.png

Synology DiskStation1.png

Edited by thedaggert
More text

Under "Features and Services" within the TOS:

2. QuickConnect and Dynamic Domain Name Service (DDNS)
Users who wish to use this service must register their Synology device to a Synology Account.

When using XPenology, you are not using a Synology device.  Therefore you aren't able to register that device to a Synology account.  If you do, you are violating the TOS.

This is tantamount to stealing proprietary cloud services, and is discouraged here and by the cited FAQ.