XPEnology Community

SynoLocker Ransomware : Manual Patch

jbesclapez

Hi there,

I have an older version of DSM (4.2) and I am worried with this Synolocker... I am also with doing an update... I do not want to loose my data and i have no external drives to back up all that.

Is there a patch i could install on my dsm or some codes to add to my syno to make it secure against this Synolocker?

Thanks for the help

I went from Trantor's 4.2 to 5.0 nanoboot and all my data was intact. Had to create an "http" user group to get the web station to run, and also had to play about with file persmissions to get MariaDB (the mySQL replacement) to run. I did spend all weekend backing it all up beforehand but thankfully didn't need it. Of course YMMV.

I did a successful conversion from 4.2 tot nanoboot 5.0.

That took me about 20 minutes. The advantage of upgrading to 5.0 is that there are a lot of guides which are recent. Upgrade guides from 4.2 to 4.3 maybe outdated and are likely to take only a small amount of less time to update.

I would strongly recommend upgrading to DSM 5.0-4493 Update 4.

• 2 weeks later...
I did a successful conversion from 4.2 tot nanoboot 5.0.

That took me about 20 minutes. The advantage of upgrading to 5.0 is that there are a lot of guides which are recent. Upgrade guides from 4.2 to 4.3 maybe outdated and are likely to take only a small amount of less time to update.

I would strongly recommend upgrading to DSM 5.0-4493 Update 4.

Which guide did you choose? Could you point at them? Thanks