XPEnology Community

Connection Failed message after update 4

jstallan

Hi,

I followed the tutorial over on http://cyanlabs.net/Thread-Install-Syno ... i-Non-ESXI and now I've got a little problem that has been driving me nuts.

I've an HP N40l and was running DSM 5 4493 Update 2. I followed the guide to apply Update 4 and from what I saw everything worked. In the Log Centre it says that update was successful and the server works ok (SABnzbd and Download Station work fine). However, Update & Restore in control panel still says I'm on Update 2 and "Status: Connection Failed. Please check your internet connection".

All the Network settings look correct still and I can connect to the server without any issue. Have I overlooked something and how do I fix the problem ?

Much appreciated

John (new to the scene)

Slight update and slight progress.

From Control Panel Update & Restore I click "Manual update" and uploaded the update file I got from http://global.download.synology.com/dow ... ck/4493-4/

from Putty I applied the usual commands

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

Then return to the Control panel and confirmed I wanted to apply the update. Update applied and countdown commenced. 15 mins later and nothing have happened, so I removed the power cable from the server and then re-inserted. Switched the server on and it started fine.

Control Panel confirms Update 4 for DSM 5 4493. However, I've still got the

"Status : connection Failed. Please check your internet connection" :???::???::???:

Regarding your restart after update process. Did you shutdown in an orderly manner or just pull the cable while DSM was up?

Regarding the ping update.synology.com. You can't ping just it or any IP from ANY device inside your network?

Did you open DSM to outside access aka. quick connect/easy internet etc prior to update?

Thanks for the reply.

RESTART - The very first time I applied the update 4 the server restarted by itself ok. Only it obvuisly didn't successfully apply the update as it was still showing update 2. It was then I noticed there was a message "Status : connection Failed. Please check your internet connection". When I did eventually apply the update 4 successfully, then server was on but no disk activity, then I pull the power cable.

PING - I can ping other IP addresses (outside the local network) from a putty session and www addresses. I just can't seem to ping update.synology.com from any device on my local network. I spoke to a friend who said he could ping it (just)

DSM - I don't have quick connect/easy Internet configured.

Via putty I've entered "tail /var/log/messages" and got the following (if it's of any help)

Aug 29 18:48:01 HPDiskStation ipsec__plutorun: adjusting ipsec.d to /etc/ipsec.d

Aug 29 18:48:01 HPDiskStation ipsec__plutorun: bind() will be filtered for 192.168.0.254

Aug 29 18:48:01 HPDiskStation ipsec__plutorun: 002 added connection description "L2TP-PSK-NAT"

Aug 29 18:48:01 HPDiskStation ipsec__plutorun: 002 added connection description "L2TP-PSK-noNAT"

Aug 29 18:48:04 HPDiskStation transmission-daemon[19591]: UDP Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304, got 262142 (tr-udp.c:78)

Aug 29 18:48:04 HPDiskStation transmission-daemon[19591]: UDP Failed to set send buffer: requested 1048576, got 262142 (tr-udp.c:89)

Aug 29 18:48:10 HPDiskStation ntpdate: Sync with time server 109.123.121.128 offset 0.271587 sec.

Aug 29 18:48:20 HPDiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade.Server[1].check[20133]: rssfile.cpp:53 Fail to exec command [/usr/syno/bin/wget --user-agent='synology_bromolow_3612xs DSM5.0 4493 (autoupgrade)' -O /var/run/autoupdate_tmp_file_RSS http://update.synology.com/autoupdate/g ... ?tz=Dublin 2> /dev/null]. [0x0D00 string_sep_pair.c:54]

Aug 29 18:48:20 HPDiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade.Server[1].check[20133]: dsmupdate.cpp:201 Fail to get RSS file

Aug 29 18:48:20 HPDiskStation entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade.Server[1].check[20133]: dsmupdate.cpp:351 Fail to get latest DSM info