XPEnology Community

help please someone

djwayne1985

This is doable although I have never tried it. You'll can search for posts on XPEnology on ESXi hosts, as they use a virtual disk device to boot. Or search for posts where people are using a DOM instead of a USB flash drive.

The answer is in the forums but you have to do the detective work in finding it.

i do have the files but im just trying to have it so i only have nothing but hdd's inside and possibly boot from a partitioned hdd i.e. i have partition guru and would love to be able to find a way i can create a boot partition for the nanoboot files to go into and then try and make my pc boot from that partition but this is something i am defo new to and not sure on how to do it and would love it if someone that knows how to do this could possibly help me with this

right fokes just to confirm does some people that have lets say the nanoboot boot from pata port and correct me if im wrong but aint the pata port for a ide hdd if so this is exactly what i am trying to do which is get the nanoboot to boot from a old ide hdd ?? also thoes that has managed this please can you help me on what i am doing wrong

Since I posted saying this was doable, I feel obligated to make some additional comments. You are right, it seems this is only possible with an IDE (PATA) device.

The DOM (Disk On Module) devices people are using are IDE DOMs not SATA DOMs. XPEnology on ESXi hosts are also booting from a virtual disk running off of a virtual IDE controller.