XPEnology Community

Unable to apply any update

IceBoosteR

Hello guys,

I'm running Xpenology currently on a Supermicro X10 with a Xeon E3-1270v3 and 32GB of ECC RAM and I am very happy with that setup.

The version I am running (the only on which I was able to install) is the 1.03b loader for the 3615xs. I am running DSM 6.2.2-24922.

Now recently there was DSM 6.2.2-24922-4 launched and when I do search for updates the syste msays it is the newest version installed. I assumed this is an error. So I downloaded the .pat file and tried a manual update. It does not start at all. Message is: "The DSM version is not downgradeable. The applied DSM must be newer than the current one".

This must also be an error. Anyone experienced this aswell? How can I fix this? IF you need more anwers for the system and/or setup plase let me know.

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, jensmander said:

Did you download this file?

https://archive.synology.com/download/DSM/criticalupdate/update_pack/24922-4/synology_bromolow_3615xs.pat

Is this a „clean“ install of the 1.03b or did you migrate from an older system?

Hi,

you gave me the correct hint. I was trying to install the full installation from here:

https://www.synology.com/de-de/support/download/DS3615xs#firmware

I thought that was the correct one. But instead I just need to apply the update which is only 43 MB!

Working now.

Thank you buddy!

-IceBoosteR